Article: WV GOV. STANDS WITH MOMS DEMAND ACTION: VETOES REPEAL OF CONCEALED PERMIT RE

I was reading last night that he waited till the last minute as they were going into recess so they would not be able to do an override .
They're pissed.
There is talk of a special session being called to do the override.
Hope they pull it off.
Bloomie was heavily involved in this one

NYT "...Gov. Tomblin, a Democrat, chose to risk the wrath of the gun lobby with his veto. He cited the “apprehension of law enforcement officers from across the state” that their job would be riskier and their lives less safe if people could stealthily arm themselves without so much as a lesson in safe shooting."

How does this work? One guy can over ride the wishes of the many? That has always been a flaw in our government!!!

I'm all for anything that makes it harder to pass new laws. This is a rare case where a new law is a good thing (we almost never see a low solely intended to wipe out an earlier bad law, let alone on gun rights). Vetoes are fine. Just part of the process. Hopefully they override the veto.

I absolutely detest this phony "Moms against..." -- a pandering folksy attempt to run cover for Bloomberg and his pals. Almost as bad is the premise: that America is full of people who will rally to a cause if "Moms" are for it. Apparently cranking out a kid somehow increases IQ and ability to construct coherent social policy...

In sum, this:

I hope they shove it back up his ass.

Thanks for your time Earl, but you won't be in office for long AND an override is coming. Foolish move as we watch the death of his career....now GTFO

Back
Top Bottom