• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Article: The Second Amendment's Defining Moment

Would it be that more of the gun owners in this country read this story and realized how precariously their rights are really balanced. I'm guessing, but I'll bet a majority of gun owners never realized (I didn't) as late as 2008 that the 2nd Amendment had never been "incorporated" across all 50 states until the DC. vs. Heller decision.

And it was 5 to 4.

A one-vote swing in that decision would likely have altered the legal landscape to the point that gun bans like the ones in New York and Connecticut would have been *the norm* by 2014 and that "restrictive" states would simply have followed Feinstein's prescription: "Mr. and Mrs. America, Turn Them All In." The gun grabbers were devastated they lost that decision. Devastated and angry. It was going to be one of the final blows struck against the 2nd Amendment and a lot of people who claim to be proud 2nd Amendment supporters don't realize how momentous that case really was.

The subsequent ones are just as important because they are all about exactly what the article mentions - defining the constitutionally-legal SCOPE of regulations that states and municipalities *may* apply given the existence of the individual right. And if the gun grabbers had their way, it would be:

"You have the individual right to keep and bear arms - in your imagination, for storytelling purposes, and when you draw one with pen and ink or some similar artistic medium (no 3D printers)."

Last edited:
And needless to say when you have judges like Blake who misuse the data so blatantly, everyone needs to be apprised.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom