Article: NJ 5TH GRADER SUSPENDED FOR HAVING NERF GUN ‘BULLET’ IN HIS POCKET

Now they just make stuff up. I think the people need to really come together and try to put back some common sense into this country.

I hate to say it, but until this shit starts happening on a daily basis, and especially to the parents who love the way the .gov & public school systems they support with $ and votes in places like NJ operate, nothing is going to change. When you put people in charge with zero tolerance and an agenda to eff up the lives of children in the name of safety, this is what you can expect.

didn't ready but holy sh!t if that's true I better be careful!! We got a million Nerf Gun bullets all around the house.

I liked the toothpick in the nerf bullet. Reminded me of when a bunch of us used to make blow guns from bic pen tubes. Then make darts from toothpicks, needles, or wire brads with a tuft of string on the end. One kid had a 3 pen-length blow gun that would accurately sink a needle into a target across the playground.

A few of us got a detention when blood was drawn.

Good times back in the last century. ;)

This is not really about the nerf bullet. This is conditioning for the kids, so they will react properly when they are old enough to vote. Eric Holder stated that the way to disarm us was through massive propaganda, and this sort of repetitive training for the kids is part of it.

This is not really about the nerf bullet. This is conditioning for the kids, so they will react properly when they are old enough to vote. Eric Holder stated that the way to disarm us was through massive propaganda, and this sort of repetitive training for the kids is part of it.

This. Couldn't be more accurate.

I think you're dead on. Good point, if they spread a fear of toy guns even it will increase their numbers of anti's. We must counter this with active outreach !!! Women on target is a great example of GOAL doing this !

One more dangerous "self-constructed weapon" (a NERF bullet with a toothpick in it) off the streets. How is the kid going to get the NERF bullet to stick in the ground now?

And this is Chris Christie's home state. Just imagine what will be made illegal if that tub of monkey spunk c*cksucker gets elected President. F*CK THAT!

If the kid was somehow shooting the dart and burying the toothpick into another kid, or trying to do so- sure, a suspension is in order. Otherwise you take it away for the day, give it back, and tell him to leave it at home. Even SoCal, back in the day I had more than one cap gun taken away for the day. One of them was a mini version of a Luger, LOL. Still have it.

We made blow guns from PVC pipe, I think ~3/4" or maybe 1/2". Cut a piece of paper about the size of a dollar bill and roll it into a long, skinny cone. Tape the small end and sometimes insert a needle. They work great & the evidence is easy to quickly destroy.

We used to play "catch" with lawn darts. A friend of mine would go to the range with his dad and collect dudm take them apart with a vise and pliers, and we'd use the powder to blow up cheap model cars and boats. When I got older (12-13 or so) we'd have bottle rocket "fights" using copper tubing to aim the rockets with. We used to play "catch" with black cat fire crackers. At recess in grade school once a month or so there was a kid launching a coffee or soda can (the old steel ones) with an M80.

WTF has happened to this country???

We used to play "catch" with lawn darts. A friend of mine would go to the range with his dad and collect dudm take them apart with a vise and pliers, and we'd use the powder to blow up cheap model cars and boats. When I got older (12-13 or so) we'd have bottle rocket "fights" using copper tubing to aim the rockets with. We used to play "catch" with black cat fire crackers. At recess in grade school once a month or so there was a kid launching a coffee or soda can (the old steel ones) with an M80.

WTF has happened to this country???

My father used to make fireworks in the basement. Shavings from the metal lathe, mixed up with various chemicals. Basically roman candles that he'd light in the back yard for our (and his) amusement. We'd make "firecrackers" using some of his materials. He sort of knew what we were doing, but as long as we seemed to have all our fingers and toes he wasn't worried. Until one day when he was mowing the lawn and found the crater from the latest "fire-cracker". Which was actually more like a "pipe-bomb"...

We'd come home from school on Fridays, raid the kitchen pantry, grab our sleeping bags, bows, knives, fishing rods and take off until Sunday night. My parents had no way of finding us, no real idea of where we were other than "camping". I suppose in an emergency one of the other neighborhood kids *might* have been able to find us, or not, depends who was around.

Snowball fights, bottle rocket fights, rock fights, fist fights, fights for fun, fights for blood. All just part of growing up.

"The more they tighen their grip, the more star systems(kids) will slip through their fingers"
-princess L

LOL, funny to see how many of us staged bottle rocket fights. Some of the most fun I had as a kid.

Once we grew tired of guerilla stlye warfare, we'd line up across from each other like the redcoats vs. the patriots and march forward in formation. Eye protection was mandatory, so of course this was completely 'safe' [rofl].

The other variant was 'U-Boat' in the pool. Of course the U-boat to sink was one of your buddies. Those damn things were funny as hell as they went underwater, left a bubbly smoky trail, and finally popped.

Back
Top Bottom