Article: Gold Medal Shooter Takes Aim at Gun Control Supporters

It didn't take long for the left-wing papers to find one of her teammates to help them re-align the story.
USA Today said:
Some of the (controversy surrounding) gun laws in America is just distracting from our sport, which is very different,” Thrasher said.

The sport of shooting has become caught up in discussions over gun rights and the associated political debate. Thrasher’s teammate, six-time Olympian Kim Rhode, spoke earlier this week about how new gun measures in her state of California had affected her training because she must complete extensive background checks to buy ammunition for practice. Rhode is an outspoken member of the National Rifle Association and previously spoke on the matter at the 2012 Republican National Convention.

(Photo caption: Teen shooter Ginny Thrasher wins USA's first gold medal of Rio Olympics)

However, members of the United States national team have become frustrated at how the topic has seemingly part of any discussion about the sport.

I just tried to focus on the competition,” Thrasher said.

I also noticed that they wait to the end of the story to mention that Rhode is a three-time Olympic gold medalist and member of the National Rifle Association.

The six-time Olympian says she understands the impulse behind the push for tighter gun laws––but doesn’t agree with them. The December 2015 shooting in San Bernardino, Calif., where a married couple shot 14 people and seriously injured 22 more, struck particularly close to home. Rhode lives near Los Angeles and her parents own property in the area around San Bernardino. “My heart breaks for those people,” Rhode tells TIME, but such tragedies “make we want to carry even more.”

https://youtu.be/nVQlqCH-16o

GHC. I f'd up and started reading the comments in the huff post.
The ignorance. There's a SB saying there's no preamble to the Bill of Rights.
Nuclear_facepalm.jpg

“We should have the right to keep and bear arms, to protect ourselves and our family,” she said. “The second amendment was put in there not just so we can go shoot skeet or go shoot trap. It was put in so we could defend our first amendment, the freedom of speech, and also to defend ourselves against our own government.”

So incredibly awesome!!! The USA Today reporter must've developed a nervous tic as he recorded those words!!!

Back
Top Bottom