Article: COURT RULES WALMART SHAREHOLDERS CANNOT INFRINGE ON CUSTOMERS’S 2ND AMENDMEN

Things liberals hate: Guns, Wal-Mart, Conservatives, Common Sense, Religion, Hunting, White American Men, Oil, Corporations, The Confederate Flag, Israel, Capitalism, Carbon Dioxide, Northeastshooters.com ......I realized I could keep on going and going and going

Last edited:
Activist shareholders are a real pain, even when they fail, as Trinity did here.
a barrier to Trinity’s push was the Securities and Exchange Commission’s “‘ordinary business’ exclusion.” This exclusion “lets a company omit a shareholder proposal from its proxy materials if the proposal relates to its ordinary business operations.”
... we hold here that Trinity’s proposal is excludable from Wal-Mart’s proxy materials under Rule 14a-8(i)(7)
See the full decision at WSJ.

Good. Don't like the way a company is run? Go start your own.

And, are they a church or a business? Personally, I don't have a fundamental issue with churches being involved with businesses, within reason. Where I get nervous is when a non-profit church enters into a business relationship with a for-profit company to gain control in a hostile manner of said company to push their particular religious beliefs on the company and it's customers. Even more disconcerting is then trying to use the courts (i.e. the government) to aid and abet their hostile takeover attempt. Doesn't pass my religious behavior sniff test.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom