Arm the ladies, disarm the men

"Even if some women prove imprudent with firearms — that is, act like men — feminizing gun ownership could ultimately reduce its appeal to men, making gun-toting as unmasculine as carrying a purse."

Wow [rofl]

Who writes this crap seriously?

There are some really crazy people out there that get taken seriously, which means there are a lot of at least partially crazy people out there.

I've gotta stop reading this stuff. [angry]

I'm not saying I want to bury my head in the sand but shit like this gets gobbled up by the sheeple and just drives me nuts!

There is so much Bravo Siera in there I don't know where to start. That being said, there was one line that just P'd me right off...

"That measure gives us a splendid opportunity to revive a lovely old joke about “the right to keep and arm bears.”"

May he become a victim. <sniff>

"Ethics has two broad concerns — determining what’s right, and getting people to do what’s right. When it comes to the former, there is clearly an ethical issue: guns are a significant social problem, the second leading cause of injury-related death in the U.S. behind car accidents."

This isn't just moonbat ethics, it's lazy moonbat ethics. If you really want to deal with social problems, start at the top of the list where you can do the most good. Outlaw cars now! [laugh]

"this ethics argument got me thinking... I guess maybe we have gotten to a point where we should ban guns. all guns. except if you're a Law Enforcement Officer or in the Military. I mean they're the only people to be trusted with these deadly weapons.

I think they made a mistake on April 19 1775. They should have just let the Regulars take their weapons. We would be in a much better place! Things would have been so much better off."

my new sarcastic response to sheep when they talk about banning guns

Sexist much? Why is ok for liberals in the media to be overtly sexist (see Sarah Palin during the '08 Presidential Campaign) but NOT ok for anyone else in our Politically Correct society? Absurd.

A little more context. The NYT was actually running this story as a graphical ad, which is how I saw it. The pic was of a woman's hand firing a smaller pistol. This is why they are failing. The pay dipshits like this.

Shouldn't the guy be looking for a new job at the Phoenex rather than inventing foolish drivel?

If nothing else, my plan would compel both factions, pro- and anti-gun, to reconsider their positions. If its adoption strews the streets with bullet-riddled bodies, then the pro-gun forces will have to abandon the idea that increased gun ownership decreases crime. If my plan actually does reduce gun violence, then gun-control partisans (including me) will have to reexamine their own assumptions. Regardless of the outcome, my plan will bring light and learning — actual evidence — to a debate largely characterized by squabbling and bluster. The only one who should fear it is some squirrel in Yosemite with criminal intent. But thanks to the credit card reform act, that varmint is already a walking ghost.

Um no. You (and anyone else for that matter) does not have the power to tell me that I can not defend myself against harm to my body or my loved ones. This debate isn't about pro-gun versus anti-gun, its pro-self defense versus anti-self defense. And if you stand in the anti corner, you expose just how completely insane and controlling you really are.

Umm, I think the guy might have being facetious with that article. There's a link near the bottom that says "follow-up", and it has this paragraph in it:

Several comments (including No. 14, from a gun-owning woman) treat humor as incompatible with seriousness. No. 18 uses the disheartening phrase, “all humor aside.” I hope not. Who’d want to live in such a world? No. 2 asks dismissively, “Are you kidding me.” Well, yes, and to good purpose. No. 17 demands, “Is this a joke?” It is, and I tried to make it a good one, a way to see the question afresh. The opposite of “funny” is not “serious;” it’s “somber.” Humor is a matter of tone, of rhetorical style. Coleridge put it nicely, writing about Laurence Sterne: “The true comic is the blossom of the nettle.”

I wouldn't have known he was kidding if he hadn't written that- maybe he wasn't- but I think from that he was trying to make an outrageous article to bring home a (stupid, asisnine) point. Whatever it was, I think he's a jerk.

Back
Top Bottom