• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Area 7 USPSA match- Rochester, NY

The forecast looks great. The Hooter's is directly across the street from our hotel. What more could I ask for; except perhaps hoping that my pistol continues to run flawlessly, although Round Gun doesn't usually have that concern.
 
Dan Hurley said:
although Round Gun doesn't usually have that concern.
You say that, but I had a cylinder stop go down last week and fixed it in time for bass River last Sunday.

Spare parts all packed, spare gun (4") all packed, Where is the Hooters????????
 
I'm all ready to go. I just left Scott down at the range and I can hear from here him doing some Bill drills to warm up (I really like my neighborhood!).
 
Hooters: 945 Jefferson Road (across from the Best Western and next to the Bugaboo creek). I know most of you will want to get a good night's rest before the match, but some of us have some really weird priorities.
 
sure was close to a shooters meeting at Hooters tonight, but i happened to notice there was something different about it. I can't quite put my finger on it.... well, I didnt ask if she'd let me.
 
Well after the long ride home I figured how this match could be better next year.

Between now and then, we need to get those Hooter's Girls certified as ROs so they can be staff
medium-smiley-048.gif
 
i dont even care about the super hot girls as RO's, how can it be better?
Move it 4 or more hours closer!
I could deal with a 2 or 3 hour drive, but 6 hours from me, that's just mean.

Props gotta go out to John who won revolver division
You are master of the six gun!
 
Thanks Matt, I will say, I would have come in second if Dave Parker were there.

It was a great match, we shot it today (Sunday). The weather was good, the stages were pretty much straight foward but real fun to shoot. Hats off to the Rochester club for another great A7 match.
 
Congrats Johnny!

Also big ups to Denton, who was High B class in Open. That was a tough field. Sweet.

Matt, 6th place in Open isn't too shabby!!

On to the Aware match.
 
38supermatt said:
i dont even care about the super hot girls as RO's, how can it be better?
Move it 4 or more hours closer!
I could deal with a 2 or 3 hour drive, but 6 hours from me, that's just mean.

Matt,
You need to go to more big matches, like the multi gun ones out west. Driving to the Masters with a pickup full of guns and ammo used to take 23 hours!
 
oh man, 23 hours in a pickup?
and here i was thinking the 11 or 12 hours from East Huntington PA Area 8 last year was bad!
You know, maybe i wouldn't mind it so much if everything was as it used to be, where prizes and money were awarded based on them being earned by performance and not this BS raffle nonsense. If I wanted a random chance to win something, i'd play the lottery more.
Or drive only an hour to Foxwoods.

Looking forward to the Aware Match and then the Nationals now.
 
38supermatt said:
oh man, 23 hours in a pickup?
and here i was thinking the 11 or 12 hours from East Huntington PA Area 8 last year was bad!
You know, maybe i wouldn't mind it so much if everything was as it used to be, where prizes and money were awarded based on them being earned by performance and not this BS raffle nonsense. If I wanted a random chance to win something, i'd play the lottery more.
Or drive only an hour to Foxwoods.

Looking forward to the Aware Match and then the Nationals now.


I don't know about that Matt, I hate to bust your nut, But I once again came home with a gun prize from the drawing. Granted it is yet another one I can not have here in Mass.
I will post it in the classified for sale.
 
Yeah John but either way you would have won a gun. Since you won your division you prob. would have gotten the gun as well. Great job!!!!

Pete
 
PistolPete said:
Yeah John but either way you would have won a gun. Since you won your division you prob. would have gotten the gun as well. Great job!!!!

Pete

if it was any other match, probably. But this was a plaque match only.
 
Pete,
They give away guns at the Aware match, both in the raffle and to winners. Matt won a .380 Seecamp there last year and I won one the year before.

(that is meant as a hint to get your application in for Aware!)
 
I'm going to aware. I'll submit my application this week. Are you going to Summer Blast? I emailed to see what is left for Friday. It's a long drive but I'm prob. going to go.
 
PistolPete said:
I'm going to aware. I'll submit my application this week. Are you going to Summer Blast? I emailed to see what is left for Friday. It's a long drive but I'm prob. going to go.

No Summerblast for me this year.
 
There will never be a clear answer on the prize issue. If they are allocated by random draw, those who perform the best are not rewarded. If they are allocated by order of finish, the match is effectively telling those shooters who do not stand a reasonable chance of placing well "you must pay a fee to shoot with people who are better at this sport than you."

While the highly skilled shooter can easily say "If I wanted to buy a lottery ticket, I could have stayed home", the average joe who knows he will not place could similarly say "If I wanted to give money to the more skilled shooters, I could save myself the trouble and just send one of those guys a check." Either way, someone feels they got a raw deal - and is convinced that their view of the appropriate payout mechanism is the "correct" one.

This issue could be debated in various forums until the end of time, and there will never be an "objectively right" answer - which is why there are so many different payout policies used at matches.
 
Rob,
I know, I'm showing my age here. But, the Miller/ S&W matches had the best prize structure bar none of any match I shot over the years. It would be very difficult to duplicate it today, I think.
 
Back
Top Bottom