Are you looking for a 3rd gen. Glock?

Freakin $600 is way toooooo much for me. As much as I'd love to grab one (for their historical value), i don't like paying over $200 for what a new one costs, for finger grooves and rail......

:(

shame on me for selling the one I had (2nd gen) i guess. LOL, not really, the damn thing was a beast.

I keep thinking I'm missing something by not owning a Glock. Then I hear someone like Jay_Chris say he didn't like his and it makes me feel better.

I only own one plastic gun, and that was given to me for free.

I like steel and wood. YMMV.

I own 3 of them, but the most I ever paid for one was $495. But that was for a freshly refurbed model 19 with two full cap preban mags.

Same here, I paid $450 for my 2.5 gen G29 and $500 for my refurb'd 3rd gen frame G22. I'd maybe consider it for $550, but that's like the upper limit in my mind.

$600 isn't too bad, pretty good for MA.

true, my gripe is more with the state - NOT Four Seasons. I know they will sell fast like hot cakes. Finger grooves and accessory rail [shocked], 3rd gen.. hahaha

if it was a 19 or 23, I'd go charge one today and explain later. for me, the most I'd pay for a 17 / 22 would be $400 - regardless of what generation it is... maybe $475 if it came with hi-caps or a lazer max.

if we all stopped buying them the price would go down.. [smile] hence, why I love my M&P.

I keep thinking I'm missing something by not owning a Glock. Then I hear someone like Jay_Chris say he didn't like his and it makes me feel better.

I only own one plastic gun, and that was given to me for free.

I like steel and wood. YMMV.

I'm with you on that. But we can't discredit the glocks. There is such a great following that they're definately the bees knees for the needs of some shooters. It's funny how that happens, I've shot them and can't stand them. Either people love them or hate them. It's like musical tastes. I can't stand rap, but some people can't get enough. Come to think of it the guys that I know who like rap seem to like Glocks a lot too. Conspiracy?

Ha, compared to what I paid for some of mine, $600 is cheap. When you factor in the whole package of shooting a Glock, the purchase price is soon forgotten. Once you've got the gun, everything else is sooo much cheaper. Magazines are cheap. No more gunsmithing charges as you can do everything yourself by just dropping in some inexpensive parts. There are so many aftermarket parts you can buy and install yourself. Heck, even caliber changes are a simple matter. If you are a MA resident and want a Glock, pay the price and then reap the savings.
-Cuz.

While I respect a merchant setting a price point that the market will bear, I refuse to pay a price that is artificially inflated due to a senseless "regulation", particularly when the purchase is a ten year old used pistol.

Chris

While I respect a merchant setting a price point that the market will bear, I refuse to pay a price that is artificially inflated due to a senseless "regulation", particularly when the purchase is a ten year old used pistol.

Chris

yep!

Hmm... the DPMS lowers that are on the same page for $129 sound interesting. Anyone familiar with them? Eventually I'm going to have to pick up/build a good AR variant, but don't know a lot about what's good.

I'm looking to get a DPMS lower w/o the buttstock as well. but i saw a post here on NES about a fellow who will build a 15-variant for less money than a typical M&P15 or AR... I'll have to find it and post it.

I think the title said "off the rack vs. custom" or something like that.

I'm hard pressed to believe that they were only shot twice per year yet show holster wear. My Glock 21SF has 0 holster wear and I take it to the range a couple times a month and practice drawing from a duty holster.

Anywho it's not a bad price from what i've seen here for a coveted 3rd gen. Hopefully they have night sights at that price too.

I'm hard pressed to believe that they were only shot twice per year yet show holster wear. My Glock 21SF has 0 holster wear and I take it to the range a couple times a month and practice drawing from a duty holster.

Anywho it's not a bad price from what i've seen here for a coveted 3rd gen. Hopefully they have night sights at that price too.

hopefully a LEO hops in and explains. the only thing i'm thinking is the daily re-holstering / un-holstering to store the mighty pistol at the end of the duty day.

otherwise, someone's been watching too many old Robert Dinero flicks. :)

"you talking to me?"........

I can't speak for others but i usually just remove the holster from the belt and store it all together in the safe. Too dangerous and unneccessary to be unloading it at home. There's a reason we use unloading barrels if we ever need to unload the weapon for some reason. I don't know how i'd explain that to the wife :)

My only point is that's alot of holstering and unholstering to cause that much wear to a slide. Of course most retention holsters hold the trigger guard as well and the polymer could start to wear there. Now that I look at it my 21 has a shiny spot in the front of the trigger guard. Oh well ... now just go buy one :)

I can't speak for others but i usually just remove the holster from the belt and store it all together in the safe. Too dangerous and unneccessary to be unloading it at home. There's a reason we use unloading barrels if we ever need to unload the weapon for some reason. I don't know how i'd explain that to the wife :)

My only point is that's alot of holstering and unholstering to cause that much wear to a slide. Of course most retention holsters hold the trigger guard as well and the polymer could start to wear there. Now that I look at it my 21 has a shiny spot in the front of the trigger guard. Oh well ... now just go buy one :)

so do you concur that this could be "normal" wear? [grin]

none of my guns have holster wear, because I only carry off duty. but I could see this becoming an issue a few years down the road. hence, why I keep a round count too (see the "who counts thier rounds thread). [laugh]

It would absolutely be normal wear. I just found it funny that they could claim that all of these were only used twice per year for qualifications. I guess LEO's don't actually practice. They're so good they just qualify :)

I can add a few things to this...

I had a glock 27 that I purchased brand new and used it for one year. I used a leather holster...removed it and placed it in the holster at least 900 times...not one speck of wear on the handgun...still looked brand new.

I just purchased a new Glock 23 a few months ago. I use a kydex holster. The handgun already shows considerable wear.

Leather = no wear???

Kydex = wear???

YMMV

It would absolutely be normal wear. I just found it funny that they could claim that all of these were only used twice per year for qualifications. I guess LEO's don't actually practice. They're so good they just qualify :)

of course, just like our Infantry... they are all experts. [rofl] it's all fun and games until the guy next to you shoots your zeroing target! [laugh2]

all joking aside, I'm glad I know a couple-few LEO's who are also gun nuts and cool with the 2A.

of course, just like our Infantry... they are all experts. [rofl] it's all fun and games until the guy next to you shoots your zeroing target! [laugh2]

all joking aside, I'm glad I know a couple-few LEO's who are also gun nuts and cool with the 2A.

I still attest to this day that my 98% at my last qualification was due to a stray shot from one of the lanes next to me [smile]

Leather = no wear???
Kydex = wear???

I'd say that pretty much sums it up. My G34 used in USPSA is already showing some wear from the Kydex holster. None of my other Glocks show any wear from leather holsters.

If you are concerned about holster wear, buy the gun and send it to Glock and for $45 they will make it like brand new.

-Cuz.

I bought a new 3rd-gen G-19 w/2 hi-caps @ Skip's (Bristol, NH) for under $540. I changed rod/recoil spring & added grip plug (Glockmeister). Will be changing to Trijicon sights next. Best part. . .no sales tax up here in NH. Good prices on ammo too.

I bought a new 3rd-gen G-19 w/2 hi-caps @ Skip's (Bristol, NH) for under $540. I changed rod/recoil spring & added grip plug (Glockmeister). Will be changing to Trijicon sights next. Best part. . .no sales tax up here in NH. Good prices on ammo too.

is that salt on my arterial bleediing? [wink]

It's a glock... why on earth would you refinish it? [wink]

They should stencil in the slide "ABUSE ME" on it.

That's what the whole point of the gun is. To be able to abuse it and not feel
bad about it. [laugh]

-Mike

I think I can try to beat that :)

Few months ago I picked up a G17 with night sights and 7 hi-cap mags for $425.00 in NH. Ok so it was a few months old and I knew the guy but it was a good deal [smile]

Of course then I had to have it shipped overnight to a place in Mass that would do the transfer to a qualified individual and that cost another $30 in shipping and then I had to pay the shop for the transfer at the cost of $25.

Also i'd ditch the grip plug if I were you. Just my personal opinion but search around and you'll find out why.

It's a glock... why on earth would you refinish it? [wink]

They should stencil in the slide "ABUSE ME" on it.

That's what the whole point of the gun is. To be able to abuse it and not feel
bad about it. [laugh]

-Mike
SHHHHH you might offend the Glocks feeleings.Tough on the outside but inside Wellllllllll

Back
Top Bottom