• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are Triangle 36 Chinese 75 Rd. Drum Mags Preban?

I have a quick question to confirm what I have researched on line. I will be listing two Triangle 36 75 Round Chinese Drum mags in the classifieds. From the research I have done, they seem to be preban and can be sold to MA folks.

Is this correct? Are these good to sell to MA residents?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thank you for the reply. I should have amended this post. I was able to confirm that all Triangle 36 Chinese drum mags are preban as their importation was banned before 1994.

Thank you for the reply. I should have amended this post. I was able to confirm that all Triangle 36 Chinese drum mags are preban as their importation was banned before 1994.

Don't you me their importation was banned after 1994. If it was banned before 1994 is it okay now to import them. The key to being legal is they have to have been made prior to October 13, 1994. If they were and you can prove it, you're good to go in MA.

I thought the same thing. However, I have learned that there was a different ban for importing Chinese military equipment that took place pre 1990. Hence, the SKS, AK's, ammo, mags and such could not and still cannot be imported. This would be seperate from the AWB of 1994. Therefore, these had to be imported pre-1990 and are therefore pre-ban for MA.

Last edited:
You could be right, all I'm saying is to be legal in MA they had to be made before 10/13/1994. If they were banned from import starting in 1990, you should be good to go.

NO the date is 9/13/1994 (made on or before), not October.

Yes there was a ban, I think it was in 1989 that banned the importation of a lot of guns by name and perhaps the Chinese guns/mags/etc. were part of that?

Back
Top Bottom