Are they smoking crack at Smith and Wesson?

If someone is dumb enough to damage their firing mechanism by knocking the sight off, they shouldn't be trying to do work on their gun themselves.

If some one can change the oil in their car, but not rebuild a transmission, should they never touch their car to change the oil. The point is why should they build it that way.

If some one can change the oil in their car, but not rebuild a transmission, should they never touch their car to change the oil. The point is why should they build it that way.

Mouse.... let it go. In fact you would probably do yourself a favor if you just went back to your 1st post and delete it..

If S&W is "smoking crack" by offering a true pocket pistol, with a lifetime warranty, under $400, and sends it to this shitty state to have it "approved" then I say more MFG's should smoke crack!

I shoot 50-75 rounds of winchester JHP's every two or three weeks out of my BG380 without issue. I carry it almost everyday, without any sort of special cleaning and it has not once failed to go bang.

Im not an engineer, I dont care how they put it together, and I dont care if it needs to have the firing pin changed by God himself. If it goes bang when I ask it to and S&W will fix it for free if it doesnt thats fine with me

IBTL-Dog.jpg

Thanks for crapping all over me. I did not realize that I was the only idiot in the world who takes apart his guns so I can familiarize myself with the ins and outs. I will be sure to never do that again. I guess that next time I need to adjust a sear spring in a 1911 I will just go buy a new gun.

FYI, This particular gun has had some reported issues with the firing pin cracking/breaking. I wanted to remove it to inspect it and clean it along with the pin channel.

You aren't the only one Red. The first thing I do with a new gun is take it apart, at least a field strip. From the standpoint of a manufacturing engineer, I can say there are usually defects all over the place, if only small/cosmetic ones. I've also found burrs, metal shavings, etc inside of new firearms. Plus I just like to know how every piece works in detail so stripping it down is fun.

When I get a new gun I melt it down into ore and then re-cast it. It's the only way to understand how a gun functions.

Back
Top Bottom