AR15 Upper suggestions

Well you could always check out "JDL Sales" right here through NES. He has a bunch of photo's with descriptions and cost for people to browse his uppers. He also will custom something that may not be listed or is slightly different then what he is showing.

+1 for JDL sales. John is great to work with and can usually turn things around fast. John did custom builds for my freind and I, both are premium guns!
good luck with your search!

Will Midway even ship uppers to MA? I thought that barrels were one of the evil forbidden parts that companies are afraid to ship to MA.

Two of my uppers are from Model 1 Sales, my other is an old A1 configuration.

M1S has great prices. Some denigrate their quality but I've had no issues with any of mine. My first attempt with my government profile A4 build from one of their kits netted me a 1.7 inch 5 shot group at 100 yards (irons) and, as is usually the case, the rifle is far more accurate than I am.

I've also seen M1S slammed for supposedly being low quality. I've done 4 builds using their uppers and they all run like a clock.

Which Uppers from M1S did you guys use?

I am looking at the 16" CAR A2 5.56mm w the chrome lined chamber and bore for $350. I plan to put this on an Anvil Arms lower.

Why are these upper prices so much lower than others that I am looking at- RRA, Stag.

Any input would be appreciated.

Why are these upper prices so much lower than others that I am looking at- RRA, Stag.

Same reason every bottom of the rung stuff costs less, lower quality, less quality control, inferior parts. Will they run? yep, will they run also long as a quality rifle? they might. But when my face is inches from almost 60,000 psi, I would like to know my parts are quality

Hogwash.
They are all made to the same Mil specs, most by the same supplier. Almost every receiver out there is made by Continental machine tool, the only difference is the logo. M1S barrels are made by ER Shaw.

I'm going with a YHM Upper in about a week when I get paid. I've read a bunch of reviews and they seem to be a good product. Not to mention I'm going to be supporting the MA business!

I dont mean to muddy the waters here but have you thought of running a different caliber than 223 ?

And maybe this is not OK for yall as I dont know if this config is legal in Taxachusetts or not or any other surrounding state but its something I have coming just to break the monotony if nothing else.

OHH I also was given a case of the ammo as an early XMAS present so there was some motivation on my part.

And I also believe that the MAGS this upper uses were available prior to 1994 which could make it legal in a Mag Ban state.

This item is called the AR57.
446B5282%20resized.jpg800x800.jpg

It fires the 5.7x28 round.
11%20home%20page%20resized%20display%20Picture%20013.jpg800x800.jpg

It uses the FN P90 or PS90 Magazine.
2.2%20home%20page%20display%20resized%20Picture%20077.jpg800x800.jpg

I have an order pending of 10 of these lovelys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90
The P90 is a Belgian designed submachine gun. The weapon’s name is an abbreviation of Project, and the number 90, which specifies a weapon system of the 1990s. The P90 is considered a Personal Defense Weapon (PDW), and was designed as a compact but powerful firearm for vehicle drivers, operators of crew-served weapons, support personnel, special operators and anti-terrorist units. Developed between 1986–1987

Last edited:
Does anybody make a .22 Magnum upper? You could get almost all the performance of a 5.7 but with way cheaper and easier to find ammo.

In my prior post I questioned why the M1S upper price of $350 was so much lower than other suppliers.

As someone just learning about AR's, the above did not include the complete bolt and carrier assembly. I assumed that when I saw "complete barrell assembly" and "upper half fully assembled" the bolt was included.

So when I compare apples to apples M1S $460 is not too much different than RRA $495.

Back
Top Bottom