• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 Polymer Rifle Lower (KP15)

Whiskeywon

NES Member
Hurts my feelings in our current climate to put 400 through this to get a feel for it, but only one to test it. Picked up a few of the KE Arms KP-15 lowers.
Stole the 16” upper from my Daniel Defense with muzzle device comes out to 18” though. Didn’t migrate the sling over from that lower though. Probably should have.
I actually really like this thing as you see it weights 6.64 pounds on the scale. Gives M16 vibes and it’s mostly just experimenting with different uppers on the lower.
Anybody else have any experiences so far? Updated for better photo.
294ECDCA-9A03-44CD-B5B4-1D8F88645A77.jpeg

Last edited:
No experience, but I’ve been intrigued. Your rifle looks great.
Thanks. I don’t trust the vast majority of the polymer alternatives but these appear to be done right.
I’ve got a Carbon15. Very light. Pretty much only important if you are jumping it a long way.
That’s kind of why I wanted to give this a shot because durability has been a concern over many generations of forged alternatives.

I have one of the lowers myself. I'm waiting until I move from RI to NH so I can SBR it with a 10.5" or so upper and also add a suppressor. These shave about a pound off, so I figure going with a short upper would be very interesting.

One of my friends in NH also has one and is similarly considering a 10.5" or a Brownell's repro/modernized AR-180 upper.

I would love to build on one.

I wanted to build something akin to the WWSD rifle back when they first made the series. Following the development of the new lower, I've been happy with the decisions they made along the way. It should be a great platform.

P80s are bad mmmkay?

They're dangerous and out right illegal of you not to register your guns for Joe to come take them....

Kidding nice looking gun

I think it’s a great idea. Personally I’m not afraid of polymer lowers to begin with. This one is an entire lower from a single mold, and it looks good (compared to the hideous GWACS lowers from before). The cost savings is pretty good because you don’t need to buy any buffer/stock items, grip+screw, LPK, etc. And if your goal is lightweight, then you can’t beat this.

I partial kaboomed an out of the box, 1500 round count or so, mid tier quality (sort of thing in good times you might spend $750 on for a basic carbine) rifle once, stock ammo, nothing anybody could point out as wrong. They did ship me a brand new one, didn't get hurt, really just blew up the mag. Was not a clogged barrel or anything just went off out of battery.

Not sure a polymer lower would have stayed together as well. That's my take on the downside of a polymer lower.

Back
Top Bottom