AR15 Front sight base help/info

Well I have built 2 AR's already but these next two will have a Front sight base. My issue is I'm having trouble finding a clamp on F style base. Anyone have sources to help me out? I would do the taper pin ones but it looks like I need a press to drill out the sight and assuming the holes take a little out of the barrel? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks in advance.

Well I have built 2 AR's already but these next two will have a Front sight base. My issue is I'm having trouble finding a clamp on F style base. Anyone have sources to help me out? I would do the taper pin ones but it looks like I need a press to drill out the sight and assuming the holes take a little out of the barrel? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks in advance.

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=EU0240MPKIT&Category=07033031-2a2e-439c-a701-edf0d7327c93

YHM makes one.

I have the front sight base on mine installed with 2 set screws. It has been rock solid for me, and much easier to disassemble if you have to. (the barrel is still dimpled though to accept the set screws.)

YHMFSBBL.jpg

YHM makes one.

I have the front sight base on mine installed with 2 set screws. It has been rock solid for me, and much easier to disassemble if you have to. (the barrel is still dimpled though to accept the set screws.)

YHMFSBBL.jpg

considered but I did not see one for a .900+ barrel, email has yet to be responded to.

For what im thinking I will end up with a 20" sight radius. I would go with a 13" float tube with only a top rail but have not found one cheap enough to justify this mod ? I may just by a 20" barrel and a NM free float hand guard ?

Back
Top Bottom