AR stripper clips

Ok, so I just got that case of 5.56 from Wal-Mart that comes on 10rd stripper clips. Is there an easy way to get it into a mag? The included guide is useless.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

e6eguny7.jpg
should have came with an attachment to marry the mag and clip together.
Edit: sorry, by guide I thought you meant an instruction sheet

Last edited:
Using the included guide is one of those things that's simple once you get the hang of it and get a rhythm going.

I use both thumbs with the rear of the mag facing me, and my thumbs close to the stripper clip.

The trick is doing it in one quick smooth motion.

If it starts to hang up part way, that's where it can be a hassle.

You can also us another cartridge, piece of wood, etc in place of your thumbs.

Or... you could spend $27.00 for one of these...

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/13...r-and-unloader-ar-15-223-remington-556mm-nato

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it should come with an adapter. Even with the adapter I still have problems using the stripper clips. I guess that I am a special kind of tard.

Those 'spoons' that come with the stripper clipped ammo work just fine...just takes a little practice. Having said that, I prefer to use a Strip-Lula for 5.56 (see a post or 2 above). For 7.62x51 I still use the spoon or guide the ammo came with.

Don't feel bad. I also feel retarded with that spoon. I tried for a while trying to get those to go in correctly and gave up. Loaded the old fashioned way. Maybe at some point I'll get ambitious and try again.

Sent from my Obamaphone (lol j/k I have a job)

Your not actually supposed to shoot that stuff, just hide it in the safe till the next shortage and talk about how much you have.

Push on the side of the shooting bench or butt of the rifle. Something hard. One smooth quick motion they should slide right in.

Yea, I did 5 mags (15 clips) and ended up just clearing them off the clip and doing it the old fashioned way. Maybe ill try to use those spoon next time. Anyone know any use for the clips after? Chances are I will never reload them. Are they worst karmaing off?

Yea, I did 5 mags (15 clips) and ended up just clearing them off the clip and doing it the old fashioned way. Maybe ill try to use those spoon next time. Anyone know any use for the clips after? Chances are I will never reload them. Are they worst karmaing off?

I reload them, makes it easy to get them in the mags, I do want to get one of the StripLula units to make it easier.

Push on the side of the shooting bench or butt of the rifle. Something hard. One smooth quick motion they should slide right in.

This. Put the spoon on the mag, clip in the spoon, and press the mag down onto the ammo on the edge of a table or something. Or push the ammo down off the clip into the mag with your thumb right near the bottom of the top round.

Put the spoon and clip on the mag.

Grasp the top round and angle it up just slightly, then man up and push the rest of the rounds in with it.

Kind of hard to describe... Real easy to show you.

Put the spoon and clip on the mag.

Grasp the top round and angle it up just slightly, then man up and push the rest of the rounds in with it.

Kind of hard to describe... Real easy to show you.

That seems to be what everyone is saying. Ill have to try next time.

you have 5.56 in CLIPS? OMG, the politicians are going to go ballistic with you! They want to outlaw those things in the worst way[rofl]

I'm not a rifle guy, obviously, cuz I saw this thread titled "AR Stripper Clips" and thought I'd get a YouTube video from the "Bada-Bing" Club in Providence...

The pics of big gun parts were nice, but I guess I was expecting a different collection of "Big Guns"...
Oh well.
[wink]

It's all in the angle of the dangle. Also, be careful as you can cut yourself on the stripper clips. There are a few sharp edges.

Once.

One time.

That's how many occasions I've actually been able to use the stripper clip & spoon to load a magazine with all ten rounds of 5.56.

I've tried it dozens of other times, and never could get it to work right.

The one time it worked, I bent down the little tab on the end of the strip closest to the mag. Hold it all together tightly, and pushed down on a heavy table in one forceful movement.

I'm not a rifle guy, obviously, cuz I saw this thread titled "AR Stripper Clips" and thought I'd get a YouTube video from the "Bada-Bing" Club in Providence...

The pics of big gun parts were nice, but I guess I was expecting a different collection of "Big Guns"...
Oh well.
[wink]

Get a C&R then you can talk about 'dirty stripper clips' with out the wife thinking anything of it (after she freaks out the first time and you explain it to her)

my 90 round pack of american eagle clipped 5.56 didnt come with a spoon. but i had one already. i found that the american eagle is really tight on the clip and didnt feed right in like the others.

this thread has said the word clip so many times and i didnt cringe once. so just to make everyone cringe.

stripper clips make loading your 30 round clips easier.[smile]

Last edited:
My .02 cents:

I have no issues with the spoon after its been "tuned up."

I take a pair of slip-joint pliers and decrease the space between the ears of the spoon a little each time until the spoon has to be pushed on the mag with slight force. For me a tighter spoon takes the wobble out of the connection and with consistent downward pressure the rounds strip off quite smoothly. I also gently bend the brass tab (that keeps the last/first round from coming off the rail) before inserting it in spoon. This helps the push, as momentum is your friend. (It also saves the tabs for longer reuse) Then, I take fired brass and run it back and forth in the rail a dozen times, (turning it a bit while going back and forth) and it polishes the rail for the next bulk box I buy and load on strippers.

Maybe over-thought, but man can I load a 30-rounder pretty quick...

Back
Top Bottom