AR flip-up sight recommendation?

Here is my upper with Troy sights and OD accys. The rear sight has been moved back where it belongs. [grin]

Finished%20Upper%20-%201_resize.jpg

Finished%20Upper%20-%203_resize.jpg

M.K.

Would you mind snapping a pic of your troy sight on your rifle for the crowd (me)? lol.

I want to see how Troy's FDE looks on the gun. Also if you got any OD accessories and you want to throw them in the pic with it, be my guest. [smile]

Last edited:
Just bought a set of the YHM QDS sights myself - a little stiff at first, but I would guess you would want them that way (as opposed to loose).

Just curious - is there a "correct" way to install them in terms of if they fold toward you or away from you?

Number 6

Last edited:
Which side of the rifle are you standing on ? [wink] Seriously though - the Troy's I have are stiff too, I imagine they will get better with use. I think most folding sights fold backwards toward the butt stock. I think the yhm qds definitely fold backwards.

Just bought a set of the YHM QDS sights myself - a little stiff at first, but I would guess you would ant them that way (as opposed to loose).

Just curious - is there a "correct" way to install them in terms of if they fold toward you or away from you?

Number 6

Thanks Beaker. That's how I installed them and from your picture - I gathered they looked correct.

Just didn't want to show up at the range or an NES shoot and have people yell, "Hey, Look at that guy with his sights on backwards!!"

BTW - really like the look of your front HK style sight. I'll probably kick myself later for not getting thr Troys.

Number 6

Which side of the rifle are you standing on ? [wink] Seriously though - the Troy's I have are stiff too, I imagine they will get better with use. I think most folding sights fold backwards toward the butt stock. I think the yhm qds definitely fold backwards.

Me too neither...Anvil "comped" me one not at my request, (I wanted a standard FSB and think they were out of them). All my postings about them being "wobbly" are absolutely, positively, true...Anyone who wants to see for themselves is welcome to...It has not affected accuracy, (the carbine drives tacks), but it's annoying and unnecessary - especially for a properly engineered component, (which it is not)....This sight has FAIL all over it and makes me hesitant to purchase anything YHM - local company or not...I have spoken with folks at YHM and they are awesome, but this is a shitty sight - hands down. If I had the skills to get rid of this thing, I would do so in a nanosecond...

I agree with this 100%. If I can get the optic sighted in before the pumpkin shoot I'll bring mine and you can look at it. I still haven't decided on a rear site yet. Mark's success with it gives me hope for it, but there is serious fore and aft wobble.

Back
Top Bottom