AR assembly

Was wondering if you guys could suggest a good/knowledgeable place to help me assemble my AR build.
I don't have all the tools needed for the job, plus I've never put together a FSB/ delta ring gas system by myself.

any feedback is appreciated,
thanks
Getting help from others and borrowing tools is good , hear me out.
You will even with some difficulty and frustration much appreciate getting the tools , books , parts needed to do it yourself.
The tools are not very expensive and you do not need many. The common tools will be used in the future.
My biggest tip is don’t go cheap on punches. Get a front sight bench block.
There’s nothing hard about putting the parts together. If something feels hard stop and figure out why.

lol, people, I learned how to build an AR when I was 15, I'ts not that i dont know how I just don't have the tools to comfortably build it in my apartment.
I'm looking for a place to just tighten the barrel nut, pin the gas tube, and let me borrow some grease/cease for the buffer tube and trigger barrel.. and maybeee a torque wrench (which I could easily guesstimate by hand.
I don't need help assembling a freaking pistol grip without losing the safety selector spring haha
Where are you, if you want to spin on your barrel and tighten your muzzle device on a bench and vise I could let you do it at my work
Or stop with the appartment crap , bolt a small vise to a plank of wood and clamp it to your counter! Use the money you save assembling one on tools

what do you think a place would even charge to put those parts together? I was thinking little money since it probably takes 20 mins max.
if I buy a torque wrench, punches, vice, upper adapter, lower adapter, would probably need that reverse clamp thing for the delta ring, grease/antisease, armorers wrench. sound liek it would be wayyy more? am i wrong?

what do you think a place would even charge to put those parts together? I was thinking little money since it probably takes 20 mins max.
if I buy a torque wrench, punches, vice, upper adapter, lower adapter, would probably need that reverse clamp thing for the delta ring, grease/antisease, armorers wrench. sound liek it would be wayyy more? am i wrong?

I'm honestly surprised any shop would let you work on your own gun using their tools.

if you make it out near Springfield, feel free to pm me. I ave assembly tools. If you're in need of a loaned barrel wrench or something also, shoot me a pm you could borrow mine if need be. the midway usa videos with Larry potter field and the brownells videos are pretty explanatory. search youtube videos from the likes of them and not just Joe Schmoe YouTuber ar guy and you'll be good to go. a decent amount of that type of content has been moved over to full30.com after youtube went all anti.

cheers, good luck and most importantly, have fun

You could buy all the tools needed for less.
A pin and weld runs $50+, you mentioned instal a FSB is is the FSB and barrel already drilled for pins?
Your Delta ring in pieces , not hard to assembl e but another thing they have to do. I would be surprised if a FFL gun smith would asemble a AR for less than $150.
Forget the 20min thing as they will most likely just have a min charge for X Y Z . I started doing my own gun smithing more and more because of the cost of even some simple tasks.

No idea but Steve at Northeast Arms already offered to help you out. I'd stop by his shop and find out. Or send him a PM here.

Back
Top Bottom