• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ar 9mm magwell block

413dan

NES Member
looking for an ar 9mm magwell block as the title states. I want one capable of using Uzi mags as I have a couple sticks. preferably not have to modify them but a few dremel cuts aren't the end of the world or a total deal breaker. last shot hold open would be nice but meh, one thing I'd really like is one of the ones with the set screws inside the magwell that help hold everything in place firmly. I have been looking for a spikes tactical but they don't make them anymore. a thread on ar15.com mentioned another company who briefly made a replica but has since gone out of business. anyone using these? how are they, can you offer up some feedback, or where to find them. brownells has one but its for colt mags.

theres a gun show in sturbridge this weekend, might be a long shot but a change to browse, as Im looking for a few other specific small items as well.

thanks NES collective lets see what we churn up, obliged in advance.

I have one the same as the Pro Mag like above. It works fine, plenty secure unless you split upper/ lower and push the mag catch. You will have to modify the mags and no bolt hold open unless you modify the followers (there are videos out there) or use colt mags. That Pro Mag one will work with either.

Last edited:
If you were ever in the Douglas area and wanted to check mine out let me know. I modified my 32rd Uzi mags myself. There are drawings online, I drew it out on a piece of poster board and used it as a template on all my mags. I started doing the bolt hold open mod to one of the mags but I don't have a mill so it's time consuming. I love shooting mine... With a Aimpoint Micro and side charger it's really fun to shoot and pretty dam accurate. I have had 0 issues with gun or mags 0 malfunctions and have run pretty much every brand/ type of ammo out there with the exception of steel cased stuff. Best pro forming defensive ammo was Hornady Critical Duty. Great expansion and stayed together in gel.

Back
Top Bottom