• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 upper build question...

doobie

Banned
I just received my barrel and YHM four rail free float forearm (it includes a jam nut, barrel nut, forearm and anti-rotation screws). My question is... on the AR-15 upper parts list it shows:

# Barrel Snap Ring
# Weld Spring
# Delta Ring

Does the barrel nut/jam nut from the YHM rail replace the above or do I need to order the above?

I was looking at the Yankee Hill instruction sheet they have on their site, and a parts list for the AR, and I don't think you need them.

If I'm picturing things correctly, the delta ring, spring and snap ring are all to hold the factory handguards on, which you're replacing with the Yankee Hill forearm.

How does that forearm look?

You do not need them. The barrel but and jam nut take the place of a standard barrel nut and delta ring assembly. If you are installing this on your own make sure you use a strap wrench or buy the YHM forearm wrech it will make things lot easier, trust me I have install many many of YHM forearms and other accessories of thiers.

-DM-

FF hand gaurds dont use delta ring. Larue atleast but most other dont also. usually jam barrel in use either barrel nut stock or the one they supplied then screw on handgaurd.
Some have you put on the piece that you screw handgaurd in first then use barrell nut then screw in handgaurd.

Last edited:
No delta ring is needed with the YHM free float fore-guard. use the nut that comes with the kit to fasten the barrel to the upper receiver and then screw the hand-guard onto the nut and the lock in place with the two screws that go into the hand-guard.
Make sure you put a little grease on the the nut threads that screw into the upper receiver, or you will never be able to remove that nut.

Back
Top Bottom