• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 Bolt catch spring launched into orbit

StevieP

NES Member
Anyone got a spare you could mail to me in NC?

I've been crawling around for an hour looking for it.

It's just.... gone.

Brownell's sells the individual spring, but it seems silly to buy one on-line and pay shipping...

TIA.

Last edited:
I bought a spare parts kit from Amazon. I do have one at home though if you need it. Wouldn't ship until Monday though

Anyone got a spare you could mail to me in NC?

I've been crawling around for an hour looking for it.

It's just.... gone.

Brownell's sells the individual spring, but it seems silly to buy one on-line and pay shipping...

TIA.
You can get the parts for short money and cheap shipping from white Oak armament. Buy several and get some detent pins while you're at it

We’re you struggling to get the roll pin going at the time of the loss, by any chance?

I launched that spring a few times myself yesterday afternoon. I think next time I want to put together a lower, I’m just gunna buy an assembled one.

Someone suggested disassembly in a pillowcase. That is good advice. I lost inside thingy from floorplate of a magazine just the other day. I need to get a pillowcase for my workbench.

Are you close to Peabody ?
Give the guys at northeast a call.
Bet they have the
Someone suggested disassembly in a pillowcase. That is good advice. I lost inside thingy from floorplate of a magazine just the other day. I need to get a pillowcase for my workbench.
Garment bag.
Keeps everything in and you can see what your doing too.

And buy spare detents in addition to the springs. Because f*** if I still can't find the safety detent I lost when changing the grip on my M&P 15-22.

We’re you struggling to get the roll pin going at the time of the loss, by any chance?

I launched that spring a few times myself yesterday afternoon. I think next time I want to put together a lower, I’m just gunna buy an assembled one.

I hadn't even gotten that far. Just test-fitting it and the thing went flying

I use a large plastic food storage bag when I mount the springs. I've got this fella from NC covered. Just some minor generosity from a shooting buddy up here in New England paying it forward for favors others have done for me.

Back
Top Bottom