Aquila Super Colibri .22 ammo

I have shot it out of a single shot rifle and it worked great. Not much oomph when it hits, kinda like a pellet gun, but great for squirrels and such invading the birdfeeder! After I had shot it out of that rifle I realized that it is actually for use in pistols, so make sure if you shoot it in a rifle it gets out of the barrel!! I did have some problems when I tried it in a Marlin M60 and a semi pistol. Revolver worked fine though. They have some ammo specifically designed for rifles actually. It is basically a heavy bullet and no powder or minimal powder and it is subsonic. Something like the SSS: Super Sub Sonic or something. Haven't tried it though.

I have several boxes left from a brick. In spite of a cautionary statement about rifle barrel length I use it in a lever action and have had absolutely no problems with the projectile exiting the barrel and going 'smack' down range. For quiet varmint knocking or fun practice these low noise and low velocity rounds are pretty good. I just wish they were less expensive.

Back
Top Bottom