• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Appleseed, Camp before Shoot?

Hello,
Hearing about the appleseed shoot really got me intrigued. Do i have to attend a boot camp before i do a weekend shoot , like the one in Harvard this month?
Thanks

No. The Boot Camp is for instructors - if you want to be an instructor, there's a Boot Camp next week in Vermont.

There are Rifleman Boot Camps (RBC) and Instructor Camps (IC or IBC).

The RBC is open to anyone willing to plunk down $200 for a week of quality rifle training. If you're up to it, marksmanship wise (able to shoot 210 or higher on a regular basis), you'll be asked to become an Instructor.

The IC is usually "Invite only", when we know we have some guys lined up to be Instructors, and they've already been to an Appleseed or two, and already have shot 210 at an Appleseed.

Neither is a pre-requisite for attending an Appleseed. In fact, it's the other way around for the IC.

Madball, we'd love to have you this weekend, and there's a space on the firing line "with your name on it". We ask that you pre-register ($70 for 2 days), so we know you're coming (you'll save $10, too), but you can pay when you get there ($80).

The links to the information are in my tagline. Or, ask Dwarven1, Crak or myself, or better, post your question here. We'll give you a straight answer.

There are Rifleman Boot Camps (RBC) and Instructor Camps (IC or IBC).

The RBC is open to anyone willing to plunk down $200 for a week of quality rifle training. If you're up to it, marksmanship wise (able to shoot 210 or higher on a regular basis), you'll be asked to become an Instructor.

The IC is usually "Invite only", when we know we have some guys lined up to be Instructors, and they've already been to an Appleseed or two, and already have shot 210 at an Appleseed.

Neither is a pre-requisite for attending an Appleseed. In fact, it's the other way around for the IC.

Madball, we'd love to have you this weekend, and there's a space on the firing line "with your name on it". We ask that you pre-register ($70 for 2 days), so we know you're coming (you'll save $10, too), but you can pay when you get there ($80).

The links to the information are in my tagline. Or, ask Dwarven1, Crak or myself, or better, post your question here. We'll give you a straight answer.

Thanks for the invite, short notice for me though if i leave the dog to the wife for the weekend with out notice, there's hell to pay. I will be at the next Mass shoot.

Back
Top Bottom