Anyone want to adopt some goats?

The pygmies look like a blast - not sure how much brush-clearing little ones can do though...they're smarter than dogs though right? I also saw a vet. say that they're either wicked healthy or they're dead - no in between. I find that hard to believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend raises goats and makes goat cheese. He says worldwide, more than 50% of the red meat eaten is goat. They can live anywhere and thrive on anything. Having a few for SHTF would be great.

A relative of my wife was the principal advisor in the US Gubmint's Afghanistan Cashmere Goat Program.

Our intrepid leaders spent $6 million of your hard-earned dollars airlifting Italian cashmere goats to Afghanistan and installing them in a brand new, state-of-the-art cashmere goat facility.

My wife's relative said the Afghans ate them.

From the article it appear 600 million was completely waisted.. .6 trillion on non military spending.
why can't we solve the deficit again? There is 1/40 of the deabt solved.......
i feel like any moron could ballancd the budget.

From the article it appear 600 million was completely waisted.. .6 trillion on non military spending.
why can't we solve the deficit again? There is 1/40 of the deabt solved.......
i feel like any moron could ballancd the budget.

That's $0.6 Billion unfortunately, so about 1/30,000th of the national debt.

The Gubmint is really, really good at wasting money.

Dam...wasiting more money then i can count apparently. Good catch

Gotta keep my wife from seeing this - she loves goats and always wants to adopt a new animal.

Last two adoptions were dogs - not just any dogs: child hating, poop everywhere, ignore everyone but me (who didn't want anything to do with them) dogs. They didn't last long.

I could deal with goats - they're useful and fun to watch, and not too difficult to clean up after.

I could deal with goats - they're useful and fun to watch, and not too difficult to clean up after.

The two adults and one baby I have are very easy to maintain and use around 25-30 bails of hay yearly, and about a dozen bags of cracked corn. But they for the most part gentle and easy going, the male try's to challenge me when he is in rut and putting up with him peeing on himself can be stinky but other than that he is easy to still push around.
. They are very keen to anything in the area and are very good watch dogs/goats and will see things in the woods I cant.

Anyone looking for an easy animal to prep with Goats are IMO easy to do.

Jason.

Back
Top Bottom