Anyone started to clean their guns yet from the Car Shoot today?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I can say that I had every intention to start cleaning my guns tonight as I like to clean them after I shoot. I have to admit though that I made the mistake of sitting on the couch and there is no way I'm getting up now to start cleaning. Maybe, just maybe I'll get myself motivated tomorrow. 10 guns equal a LOT of cleaning.

Tomorrow, yeah, that's the ticket. Tomorrow. [thinking]

I'm just cleaning my two Mosins, the one I shot today becuase of the corrosive ammo and the one I just picked up becuase of it's cosmoline bath. My Glocks don't need to be cleaned, they like to play dirty [grin]

Exactly... I'm going to clean my Colt Officers because rust loves it. My AR, Glock, and Mossy can wait until tomorrow!

Sorry if me shooting something at the shoot today is making them clean them. I would help out...but..well...you know. I'm not there. [smile]

But I have a bunch I need to clean from my last class...so if people want to bring them over here, we can have a group clean.

Speaking of rust... I took my Colt out of the range bag... and the back strap area ALREADY STARTED TO RUST. [crying] [angry] [angry2]

[mg] RUST

I just cleaned it... and hung it up in the safe LATHERED in CLP [rolleyes]

I'm going to Melonite it sometime this Fall/Winter.

I got home just after 11PM after white-knuckling it from my sister's place in Westminster. Route 2 West was nightmare...[shocked] 91 South was not much better....I walked my guns up from the car and unceremoniously plunked them into the basement, headed to bed, where I now sit eating a bowl of Grape Nuts, (the simple cereal) and wishing I had high-speed to download the pics...I am a corrosive-free guy with my Mosins, (Brown Bear), so it can wait... [wink]

the mosins currently in the slow process of being cleaned. the finish is about 50% gone now, since it was so hot it was literally bubbling, and one point i got a face full of liquid varnish from it.
thats how you treat a mosin. TUFF' LOVE! haha

the wasr-10, M4A3 and the glock 23 are still a mess.

Yeah, that's happened to two of my Mosins before. The shellac comes right off once it gets hot enough (usually around 40-60 rounds)

My cleaning has been done for a while. Of course, I brought 0 guns.

Yeah, that's happened to two of my Mosins before. The shellac comes right off once it gets hot enough (usually around 40-60 rounds)

hey i have just the job for you!
the Richland County Sheriff's Department need someone to clean their M2 and wash the tracks on their M113.

haha, WOOOOOO

Dench's Mosin was so hot that the stock retainer was too hot to touch. I thought at one point his stock was going to burst into flames...[devil]

I dunked my stainless revolvers in a 50/50 solution of Simple Green and water last night and wiped them clean this morning - burn rings and all.

Christ, I just got the gumption up to unload the truck around 2pm today. Maybe I'll clean them this week.

I dunked my stainless revolvers in a 50/50 solution of Simple Green and water last night and wiped them clean this morning - burn rings and all.

Thanks for the idea, I'm going to try that with the .460 and the Ruger Security Six.[grin]

I ended up being very lazy today as well. Never got a chance to clean any of them. They are actually still in the cases I brought to the shoot. Maybe tomorrow. [thinking] Or maybe Tuesday. Wednesday might be good. [laugh]

I ended up being very lazy today as well. Never got a chance to clean any of them. They are actually still in the cases I brought to the shoot. Maybe tomorrow. [thinking] Or maybe Tuesday. Wednesday might be good. [laugh]

If you shot any corrosive ammo remember to get an old brush and some Kroil ready after you neutralize the salts. [wink]

Christ, I just got the gumption up to unload the truck around 2pm today. Maybe I'll clean them this week.

Thanks for the idea, I'm going to try that with the .460 and the Ruger Security Six.[grin]

Just don't do it with aluminum.

I actually cleaned mine right when I got home. Then again, I don't have that many to clean.

Dench's Mosin was so hot that the stock retainer was too hot to touch. I thought at one point his stock was going to burst into flames...[devil]

I wish I had been down that end of the line for that... I would have tried to light a cigar off the barrel of that thing. [laugh]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom