Anyone own or have used one of the new production run Cetmes by Century

I had a wooden stock century cetme from there first attempt at building them back in 2004 or so it was an ok build and it had a few minor problems,and it did jam once in a while but i have heard of some horror stories about other cetmes made back then such as ground bolts, and some of them being jam-o-matics.
I found a great deal on a new cetme and I was hoping they have improved there quality and was looking for some feedback because i am interested in the rifle.

Well my question is does anyone have a new built cetme ? If so how is the build are they any better then the earlier runs?

Last edited:
the young guy I work with has one, Seems to be working ok. Him and his brother cant stand the rear sights

Its CIA branded one, I believe they said it was made in 2009?

yeah cetme sights just cry for a red dot to be mounted

Wrong about that!
I don't find the sights bad at all. This is the correct mount and scope.
DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0025-1.jpg

Why, I have a few Swede's. 1 M96, 2 M38's and an M41b. Not to mention 4 Swede hunters. Your close enough, come and see what you like! 6.5, 8mm, and 9.3.

I have shot the new Century CETME and at 100 yards it was very accurate. I found the sights fine. They are typical battle sights. As to function, we fired brass surplus, and WOLF and it functioned without any issues. The key is to make sure somebody hasn't replaced the stock and spring set up with an HK unit and not either changed out the spring retention piece or ground it down to the correct diameter. If not it will not cycle correctly. It will fit but it will malfunction more often than not.

Also an HK parts kit trigger group will not fit unless you have it clipped and pined.
I would buy it if the price is reasonable.

Last edited:
I have a century arms Cetme from the first batch and she's a shooter. It has the recoil of a ruger 10/22 its that smooth and it can shoot 3"+ groups at 100yds using south african 308ball ammo if i do my part at 100yds. I never had problem with it yet. The only thing that i hate is the charging handle.

Back
Top Bottom