Anyone local (MA, So. NH, So. VT, So. ME) typically have a good Mil Surp inventory?

Im looking to buy either a Type 38 Arisaka with intact mum, and or a K98K. I know I can use gunbroker/armslist but I would really like to see the rifle before purchasing. Typically most of the places I normally frequent on the south coast are lacking in the Mil Surp department.

I'd really like the two to complement my Mosin and M1. On a second note, any other rifles that would complement this group?

Andrew

Thousands of rifles will compliment that group. post something in the WTB sections and be specific about what you want. K98s run $300-$3000. if you spend $400-$700 you will get a good rifle. it depends do you want the nazis signatures intact or erased? (as an example, many more things drive value than that)

Collectable Arms in Merrimack NH have a number of collectable /milsurp items. i suggest you go there for fun. They have/had a type 38, i dont recall the price and mum. K98s have gotten pretty rare but show up on the classifieds from time to time.

rileys in Hookset NH has a Type 38 as well. again, i cant state particulars

please clarify complement? you mean shooters, WWII items? guns under $600? plenty of help here if you narrow the field.

GFA ArmsTec in Natick, MA. has lots of K98k & yugo, spanish, Argentine mausers. Also Russian&Finnish Mosin's and some Arisaka's

Thousands of rifles will compliment that group. post something in the WTB sections and be specific about what you want. K98s run $300-$3000. if you spend $400-$700 you will get a good rifle. it depends do you want the nazis signatures intact or erased? (as an example, many more things drive value than that)

Collectable Arms in Merrimack NH have a number of collectable /milsurp items. i suggest you go there for fun. They have/had a type 38, i dont recall the price and mum. K98s have gotten pretty rare but show up on the classifieds from time to time.

rileys in Hookset NH has a Type 38 as well. again, i cant state particulars

please clarify complement? you mean shooters, WWII items? guns under $600? plenty of help here if you narrow the field.

Thanks for all of the info. The WWII group i am looking for would basically be a general infantry rifle of the major powers of the war. US, Great Britain, USSR, Japan, Italy, Germany. Just a basic collection of standard issue infantry rifles. I'd definitely want something I could shoot, and id probably be willing to spend $400-$500.

Also, I would really prefer to have intact markings on the rifles if at all possible.

I'll probably take a trip up to GFA Arms and Collectable Arms at some point in the near future to peruse the inventory.

Obviously the Swiss didn't play a role in any fighting in World War 2. But I love my Swiss K31. It's a great rifle, with a really cool straight pull bolt. It's also extremely accurate and just a great shooter. You can still find surplus ammo for it online too. It doesn't have any real historical significance, but its just a fun and all around great rifle to shoot.

I've only been to Pack and Postal twice but each time I went I was wow'ed.... great selection but definitely not cheap (his asking price is fair but he only had rare items; hence the prices) I was hoping to get my first Luger there, but I couldn't talk down the price at all. The owner is a great guy tho, and knows more than I think I'll ever know.
Great selection of hard to find ammo too. I'm off on friday so I might go on a round trip from GFA and then to P&P if they are open, I have a tax refund I should put towards my savings but my obsession is definitely more important. I'll report back here if there is anything worth while!

Went to GFA today, nice little inventory of C&R pistols (they are minus one now). A few nice rifles, one mosin, two enfields, but nothing else really caught my eye. I never made it to P&P, I was too satisfied with my purchase at GFA haha

Back
Top Bottom