• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

I’m trying to imagine if any one of us had a time machine in early spring of 2020 and could have read this thread in advance. There’s no doubt in my mind we would be picturing that everyone went completely insane seeing as how we’re excited about $480 cases of primers that were sub $150 only 2.5 years ago.

If I had dumped all of my money into primers when I sold my house in Worcester in November of 2019, I could have made close to a million dollars if I sold on gunbroker during the peak hysteria.

Buuuuut…I never would have sold any of them because I like to feel like a dragon sitting on gold.

I’m trying to imagine if any one of us had a time machine in early spring of 2020 and could have read this thread in advance. There’s no doubt in my mind we would be picturing that everyone went completely insane seeing as how we’re excited about $480 cases of primers that were sub $150 only 2.5 years ago.

If I had dumped all of my money into primers when I sold my house in Worcester in November of 2019, I could have made close to a million dollars if I sold on gunbroker during the peak hysteria.

Buuuuut…I never would have sold any of them because I like to feel like a dragon sitting on gold.
Agreed. Believe I think the prices are full retard. But at the same time it’s nice to see it staying in stock and the prices “heading” in the right direction.

Look at reloading equipment, prices are in freefall on used equipment. I expect primers to do the same.

I bought a full Hornady lnl with case feeder, plates, dies, tumbler and everything for $500 a couple weeks ago. And now there is Dillon 750 in the classifieds with everything for $900. People may be seeing the writing on the wall and trying to sell off as much as they can while the prices are still decent.

But….who knows.

Look at reloading equipment, prices are in freefall on used equipment. I expect primers to do the same.

I bought a full Hornady lnl with case feeder, plates, dies, tumbler and everything for $500 a couple weeks ago. And now there is Dillon 750 in the classifieds with everything for $900. People may be seeing the writing on the wall and trying to sell off as much as they can while the prices are still decent.

But….who knows.
I actually think the prices on equipment are in a free fall BECAUSE of the price of primers.

If primers become more available, I think people will be interested in reloading again. I just think everyone is burnt out from chasing these pea sized hens teeth around for 2 years and getting nowhere fast.

Personally, I’m under the impression that the manufacturers are holding back supply to keep the prices high. Why wouldn’t they want to sell less product at way higher prices as opposed to having to produce way more product and selling at smaller margins? Kind of like a poison pill though, because their high prices are pushing people OUT of buying their shit all together and taking up beekeeping 😂

I know it’s kind of conspiracy-esque, but there’s no reason I can think of why primers would still be in such short supply as they are. People CAN’T be ‘hoarding’ them at current prices…especially with everything else going up in price at the same time.

‘Hmmm, should I eat this week, or should I buy this pack of primers from Larry the cuck?’

This is like those bicycle races where everyone goes slow until someone breaks away from the pack. Everyone is waiting to see if they need to drop primer prices because other vendors are ding so and that is not happening.

Everything is easy to accept when you understand all merchandising is a game in which the seller works to narrow the difference between what the product it worth to you and what you actually pay (consumer surplus). Think of the vendors as opponents, not allies, and you will have a more realistic view of things.

Natchez dropping primers now. Including CCI LRP. $96 per 1k plus shipping and hazmat. Dang

Looks like TSUSA had CCI LRP earlier this afternoon for $85 per 1k. Anyone grab any?
I think it sold out in under 10 minutes

He had his shop in a was few different places over the years. Woburn and Burlington and maybe Bedford. @greencobra would know

Yes. He was in Bedford in the mid 80s. I remember buying some Eagle Target Grips for my Ruger MK II from him. I still have them.

His prices on reloading supplies were high. Back then it was cheaper to get primers, powder etc. at MVP, formerly Colemans, in Woburn or if you were up at KTP they were cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom