• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know anything about Vis w35 "Radom"

I'm slightly intrigued by this gun is 9x19. It was made pre WWII by Poland in the Radom factory. It was also made during WWII after Poland was invaded.

I'd like a Pre-German Occupation one, but don't know where to start about understanding the markings to tell the difference.

Anyone knowledgeable out there on this? Where is a good place to look for something like this? A show?

I also see prices on Gunbroker all over the place? Why such a difference in price? Better years?

The wide variance in price is driven largely by whether it's a polish marked pre-war pistol, or the later war occupation pistol. The pre-german occupation pistols tend to be very well made guns.The late period guns tend to be of dubious quality. I think the easiest way to tell is that the pre-occupation guns have a large Polish eagle on the slide.

If you want to check one out in person, The Northeast Trading Post (North Attleboro)has one on consignment for about $1100.00. Even if you didn't buy it, you could at least get a close look at it. I don't own one, but would if I could find a nice example for considerably less than $1100.00

Pre-Nazi, Polish made version in very good to excellent condition with the Polish Eagle will run you in the several thousands of dollars. There are very good condition occupation versions that can go from $300 to $1500. Like any military weapon often it is difficult to find one with matching serial numbers. There are basically 3 variations of post occupation Vis 35s. The 1st has a slot in the bottom of the grip for a shoulder stock to be added...this is a rare find and has 3 levers. The second version has 3 "levers", (1) the slide release lever, (2) the hold open for cleaning/breakdown lever...where the saftey would be on a 1911 and (3) the hammer drop saftey on the left side of the slide. Then the 3rd version with 2 levers that do not have the hold open for cleaning/break down lever. Remember the later in the war the poorer quality the pistol. The late war versions often have wooden grips instead of the black bakelite grips. Someone once told me the original bakelite (plastic like material) can be as valuable as the rest of the pistol (not sure how true that is). And the black finish quality deteriated as well in late war versions. Some even may have been parkerized(?). Finally the Radom VIS 35 I want is the modern version that Radom manufactured as a presentation piece to dignitaries etc. I think these were offered on the market for a brief time maybe in the 60s but demand waned and production halted. Here is my nazi occupation, 3 lever, non-matching serial number example with bakelite grips.
DSCF0063.jpg
In my opinion you can find a better quality surplus gun. I love everything Radom made. This is a solid, accurate 9mm milsurp shooter (no real collectible value to mine) with a cool history. Follow gunbroker or the WTS on gunboards. There is also a german/luger site on gunboards with lots of very knowledgeable people there that can tell you alot more than me.

Last edited:
thanks. I'll have to do some research on the pre-occupation ones. I've never been interested in any of the Nazi era stuff.

On my recent C&R bender the polish "random" caught my attention. Only for the name random. http://www.collectiblefirearms.com/PistolsRadom.html This place has a few different random pistols. I also seen a random "parts" gun on line, like the one posted above for 395.00.for yours 175.00 and it looks clean and bore is good. I might be tempted to buy. Since my critaria for C&R firearms for now is 250.00 or less. Anything sub 200.00 that actually looks ok and fires. I cant always walk away.

Back
Top Bottom