Anyone in mattapoisett/denied class A question?

If I understand the OP correctly, he got a Class B, ALP. So....he can carry anytime, but it has to be a "low capacity" gun. I've never heard of this before. It makes absolutely no sense. The chief believes he's "suitable" to carry 24/7, but he's not suitable to carry a gun that holds 10+ rounds?

LTC-Bs are intrinsically banned from carrying concealed and carrying in a motor vehicle.... even without restrictions. (It's written in the law that way. )

-Mike

If I understand the OP correctly, he got a Class B, ALP. So....he can carry anytime, but it has to be a "low capacity" gun. I've never heard of this before.

WRONG.

You can NOT carry concealed on a "B." Period.

It makes absolutely no sense. .....

This makes absolutely no freakin' sense. But it is Massachusetts, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. [rolleyes]

Even more so when you don't even know what the facts are.

LTC-Bs are intrinsically banned from carrying concealed and carrying in a motor vehicle.... even without restrictions. (It's written in the law that way. )

-Mike

WRONG.

You can NOT carry concealed on a "B." Period.

Even more so when you don't even know what the facts are.

I stand corrected, gentlemen. I based my comments on the OP in which he said "no restrictions." I mistakenly equated that to mean that he could carry.

Scriv, I'll do penance by going to bed without supper tomorrow. [wink]

im sorry if i confused anyone i was just saying what my "ltc" says, class B below that "restrictions: none" and when i asked about why i was issued a b they said "well its a B with no restriction" i guess that was supposed to make me feel better or confuse me into doing time for not knowing the laws and carrying.. btw i obviously dont carry and i know the "B" laws much better now

im sorry if i confused anyone i was just saying what my "ltc" says, class B below that "restrictions: none" and when i asked about why i was issued a b they said "well its a B with no restriction" i guess that was supposed to make me feel better or confuse me into doing time for not knowing the laws and carrying.. btw i obviously dont carry and i know the "B" laws much better now

I think I was the only one confused, hyooz. I wasn't familiar with the limitations of a class B license, so we both learned something. It does appear that you got screwed. Now I know why people complain when they get "B-rammed." [sad]

Best of luck in eventually getting a Class A, and welcome to the forum! [smile]

OP: Sorry to hear about your experience, that really sucks.

Let this be a lesson to you: you're 23, leave Mass for a free state before it's too late...You're young [smile]

Hey, that advice may not only resonate with the young. I'm getting up there and am retired. I'm just about ready to pull the plug and move elsewhere. Scott Brown's recent election is one of those rare events that has given me just a glimmer of hope for this state. My son, however, lives in Oklahoma and will not come back to this state (other than short visits). The firearms laws are one of the reasons he cites and I don't blame him!!!

i have been advised to write a certified letter to the chief.. she as not answered 3 of my voice mails in 3 weeks.. i was told that town officials are required to answer certified letters within a certain amount of time. any suggestions on what or how i should put the letter together? should i put simply "i would like an explanation of why i was "downgraded" from a class A to a B"? or should i also include questions like " if i apply one year from now will i also be denied a class A and should save the $100 app. fee?" or what? i would like to hear what you guys think, PM if you'd like.. PS i am now a member of GOAL and NRA, i also have left a voice message to jesse cohen and i am waiting to hear back from him. thanks again for the info so far and hopefully more to come guys.

i have been advised to write a certified letter to the chief.. she as not answered 3 of my voice mails in 3 weeks.. i was told that town officials are required to answer certified letters within a certain amount of time. any suggestions on what or how i should put the letter together? should i put simply "i would like an explanation of why i was "downgraded" from a class A to a B"? or should i also include questions like " if i apply one year from now will i also be denied a class A and should save the $100 app. fee?" or what? i would like to hear what you guys think, PM if you'd like.. PS i am now a member of GOAL and NRA, i also have left a voice message to jesse cohen and i am waiting to hear back from him. thanks again for the info so far and hopefully more to come guys.

You've put the call into Jesse Cohen. It is now time to stop discussing this here and rely solely on his input. It is well known that many of the CLEO's follow what is said here. For whatever it's worth, I think any letter from you will be a waste of time and simply tick the Chief off. Now, a letter from an attorney representing you will probably still tick him off, but he is less likely to play stupid games.

Back
Top Bottom