Anyone hunt Peru/Windsor or Hiram Fox WMA

has anyone hunted either the Peru/Windsor WMA or the Fox WMA ? what did you hunt? did you have sucess?

currently im interested in Coyote, Turkey, Deer and Bear hunting, but any advice or experience is appreciated

has anyone hunted either the Peru/Windsor WMA or the Fox WMA ? what did you hunt? did you have sucess?

currently im interested in Coyote, Turkey, Deer and Bear hunting, but any advice or experience is appreciated

I haven't been to Peru/Windsor at all - Hiram Fox is bigger than it appears on Mass Wildlife's .pdf map. If you look at the area east (and a little south) of Fox, it's huntable land out past the river. I'm not sure if the state or Army Corp of engineers owns it, but it's open for hunting. The road next to the river, and the river itself see regular use by fishermen and other non-hunters, who may or may not remember when hunting seasons are, or why wearing orange is a good idea. [thinking] The state stocks pheasant through the southern end of the Knightsville area, and trout from there up to Chesterfield Gorge. Hiram Fox west of Rt112 is a bit tougher to hunt - it's steep going west from 112, and Goss Hill road has houses scattered all along it.

I haven't spent nearly enough time in the west side of Fox - if you look where South Worthington road leaves Goss Hill road and heads south, there's some interesting terrain that I keep intending to get into. Maybe there'll be enough time this year. [rofl]

I haven't seen bear, but I haven't been looking either. Coyote, deer, turkey, pheasant, woodcock, trout - yep, all of the above are there. Usually, I only see whatever isn't in season, though.

A nice area, really.

KMM696 thank you my man, i may have a private hunt site for bear, so hopefully it wont be an issue. but i plan on heading to one of these sites for turkey or deer. coyote is just a side project.

since this forum seems to dump a thread after 3 days, BTT

KMM696 thank you my man, i may have a private hunt site for bear, so hopefully it wont be an issue. but i plan on heading to one of these sites for turkey or deer. coyote is just a side project.

since this forum seems to dump a thread after 3 days, BTT

Just check the display options.

Back
Top Bottom