Anyone have trouble with an ltc in winthrop?

Venomousgrin

NES Member
I have a friend in winthrop who is having trouble even getting in to get an interview, i guess thier process is that you email the licensing officer and then they schedule an interview but nobody ever emails back, and thier voicemail is always full (how convenient)

For me - 4 months waiting to submit my application (for renew). Once submitted it took 8 weeks to get in.

For my wife - 3 months waiting to submit her application. Once submitted, it has now taken 11 weeks and still no LTC (yet they cashed her check 4 weeks ago).

Also, my application for a green card was denied before I even walked in the door :(

The reason for the delays, as the licensing officer is the brother of the chief, and the only detective on the force, is that he is the only one who goes to court hearings and has very little time for LTC work. At least this is what we are all told.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat, waiting over a month now for a response to my email for an interview. I understand he's busy, but would be nice to know how long I have to wait.

+1 on the things said above. I'm told there are lots of applications, and limited time to get them done. Good news is that Winthrop is still green as far as I can tell.

From what I know, the officer who does it is a really good guy, so i'm not suprised it's green.

I have a friend who had the same problem. Went to the station several times over the course of several weeks and could never get an appointment. Finally they just gave up.

And if you have ever been to Winthrop, you know there is no excuse for them not to be processing applications.

And if you have ever been to Winthrop, you know there is no excuse for them not to be processing applications.

And if you ever lived in Winthrop, you will realize that there is nothing you can do about it. The 3 brothers (Chief, only detective, and another LT) basically run the department, and the town. They are all nice guys, but they do things at their own pace. The downside is you have to wait a LONG time. The upside, is almost everyone gets a LTC-A without restrictions.

Applying for ltc

I have a friend in winthrop who is having trouble even getting in to get an interview, i guess thier process is that you email the licensing officer and then they schedule an interview but nobody ever emails back, and thier voicemail is always full (how convenient)

First let me say thanks for all the information I have ad on this site.

I am applying for my ltc in Winthrop. Sent my email yesterday and received this email back.

Your email has been received by the Firearms Licensing Officer. You will receive a future email with an appointment or an answer to your question. Please be patient, there are many applicants, and it may take a while before you hear back. Multiple emails are not necessary and only slow things down.

i hope it doesn't take to long. Anyone else with updated info?

Back
Top Bottom