Anyone have that chart that tells you how you're shooting wrong?

DickWanner

Banned
I remember it being posted before. It was a chart with a star (*) pattern saying what you are most likely doing wrong (IE trigger pull, breathing, etc.). Any other materials you have that would also be helpful would be appreciated as well.

Look in the Training forum. I seem to remember seeing a few of them posted there. Not sure if it is a sticky or you have to use Advanced Search for the archives.

I thought I saw a PDF linked on Four Season's website, but I just did a quick search and couldn't find it anymore.

Thanks John, exactly what I was looking for. I tried a search Len, but I didn't check the Training forum. My forum search skills really suck though.

Well, don't beat yourself up. I just tried to search on "chart" and "error" in the Training forum and didn't find them either. I recall Jim Conway publishing a real good chart here . . . just don't know where.

OK, I took a few minutes and dug these up for you and others.

Attachments

• TargetLeftHanded.pdf
    121.3 KB · Views: 32
  • TargetRightHanded.pdf
    116.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Pistol Group Analysis.pdf
    52.3 KB · Views: 49
Well, don't beat yourself up. I just tried to search on "chart" and "error" in the Training forum and didn't find them either. I recall Jim Conway publishing a real good chart here . . . just don't know where.

Thanks bro. I don't care what they say about ya, you're a nice guy by me [wink]

EDIT: Does this stuff only apply to pistol shooting or can it also be applied to rifle shooting. I'm trying to get some above-and-beyond material for rifle quals (M16A2s only) this weekend.

Last edited:

Thanks I just printed some of these up.
Garry

EDIT: Does this stuff only apply to pistol shooting or can it also be applied to rifle shooting. I'm trying to get some above-and-beyond material for rifle quals (M16A2s only) this weekend.

I have no idea, but the logic of physics tells me that it "should".

Perhaps some expert rifle shooter (paging Derek) can pop in and help you answer that one.

I've never seen a similar chart for rifles.

Here's one I made for people that are new to shooting my S&W 500. I hope it's helpful:

flinching.jpg

[rofl]

Flinching?! From seeing some of the pics posted of folks shooting that cannon of yours, I'd say more like: Squinting eyes completely shut, turning head the other way, and yanking the trigger while praying to god you live to tell about it! [grin]

I have no idea, but the logic of physics tells me that it "should".---LenS
There may be a chart out there for rifle shooting, but I would think that with a different stance, a different grip and four points of contact that the charts would be different.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Well the Smith and Wesson 500 will help give you one even if you never had one. I was hanging out at a local range/ gun shop and they had a S&W 500 for a rental gun. One of the local cops was in shooting the bull and mentioned the amount of blow back you get from the cylinder and barrel. To test that, I took a news paper and fold it over the gun and shot it. There was confetti all over the floor on the range. We were all surprised how it shredded the news paper. Did the same test with a S&W 44 mag and it did it too but not nearly as much.

You wrapped a loaded gun in newspaper and fired it? In the presence of LEOs? Who should know better than to let someone do that on a live range?

Damn, you've got bigger harleynuts than I do!!! [wink]

I see your point though. Those high power wheelguns will make your damn wristwatch stop!

I talked to Brian Zins about this chart. He's a strong believer in NOT using this chart.

Every error in the chart can be traced back to anticipating the shot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom