Anyone have a Cabela's or RCBS case tumbler?

My other one crapped out and and I don't want to spend a lot of $.I happened to see these two in Cabela's and are both reasonably priced.Was just wondering if they're any good.Thanks.

FWIW, my Lyman is 20 years old and still works just fine.

WOW,20 years old? Maybe it IS worth me investing the extra $80 or so for a Lyman.I would've been happy if mine lasted 5.Have you ever replaced anything on it or sent it back to Lyman? I believe they offer lifetime warranty?

WOW,20 years old? Maybe it IS worth me investing the extra $80 or so for a Lyman.I would've been happy if mine lasted 5.Have you ever replaced anything on it or sent it back to Lyman? I believe they offer lifetime warranty?

Mine is the standard size; about 12" if I took a guess. All I've done is taken the base shield off once or twice, cleaned out the accumulated dust and put some oil on the bearings.

It does not get heavy-duty use, but I probably put 100-200 pistol cases a month into it anyway; more in the summer. .223 cases are commonly cleaned in it; I leave my CMP brass for those who have serious crimp removing tools.

Mine is the standard size; about 12" if I took a guess. All I've done is taken the base shield off once or twice, cleaned out the accumulated dust and put some oil on the bearings.

It does not get heavy-duty use, but I probably put 100-200 pistol cases a month into it anyway; more in the summer. .223 cases are commonly cleaned in it; I leave my CMP brass for those who have serious crimp removing tools.

If you buy a Thumblers, you'll never buy another. (Mine is 30 years old.) You will have to replace the belt every four or five years, but that is it.

Just replaced my RCBS that crapped out after a year (they said I was overloading it) with a Dillon. Much quieter and seems to work faster.

tumbler

I just looked in cat and lyman 1200 is $48 MIDSOUTHSHOOTERS>COM. I buy all my reloading tools there.the Lee cat price is 30% off in midsouth.
My Lyman is running good and I have had it since the 1980s.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom