Anyone go to the Springfield show before?

Prepper

NES Member
It is a rather long drive for me so I was wondering if it'll be worth it to drive out to Springfield. How good is this show typically? I'd probably want to look for an AR lower and other parts for it, and perhaps grab up any good ammo deal I may see.

If I wait a little longer, I can go to the show in Manchester which is closer, but I guess that limits my buying to long guns. (Which is probably OK... I'm all set for handguns for a while.) Would there be any other restrictions for a non-NH customer?

It is a rather long drive for me so I was wondering if it'll be worth it to drive out to Springfield. How good is this show typically? I'd probably want to look for an AR lower and other parts for it, and perhaps grab up any good ammo deal I may see.

been abunch of times. it tends to be the same dealers as most other shows.

if you want to drive out here you will find a couple AR lowers and parts, but you could have gotten those at the Marlboro show.

ammo prices wont be as good as Marlboro because theres no competition, only the guys with the ammo tent.

Much as I'd like to hype our local show, this would probably be a long drive for little gain. This used to be a really good show but has gone downhill. And, you pay $5 to park. It is located on the Eastesn States Exposition fairgrounds (home of the Big E, which was just held). Since this is a commercial concern, they get to charge for parking. Not just for gun shows but for every show held here.

I try to go because it is so close. But unless you can get a couple of people to ride together I reluctantly have to say it just may not be worth it.

OK thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll catch Manchester next... the 50 minute ride is not a big deal.

yea everyone stay away I want the few deals that are there! LOl

i may be there, but i mostly go to gun shows as entertainment or to shop for odd items that would require me to drive around to like 5 or 6 stores just to find.

with the exception of the occasional item, which is always gone 15 minutes after the show starts, there arnt many deals anymore.

It may not be the best, but there are the odd magazines and guns that if you went to look for you spend days driving to shops or on line waiting for one to come up for auction. For myself, it's like going to a couple of dozen gun shops in a day, without the drive inbetween.

We always go with a shopping list and usually do ok. This time I need a garand barrel (USGI I hope) M1 carbine stock Ak drum etc... I tend to do most of my parts shopping. and I once in awhile come into a decent gun at a decent price. (my M17s is one I snagged it for 500.00 ) But yea it is cheap entertainment for us too.

Have thought about going a few times but being alomost 3 hrs away... Add the fuel expense, tolls, parking and admission and I'm at $100 before getting in the door. Can't say I'd expect much in the way of deals there compared to what I could get things for locally. Basically I cross the big green bridge and prices go up the further south I get. Good chance I'll pass again and try and get a bike ride in that weekend. I know my brother will be there and he knows basically what I'm looking for anyways.
Manchester is a better possability for me - 90 minutes isn't too bad seeing that a stop at Kittery is in that cards then.

I can't see coming down from maine for example, you really can't buy anything here anyway. but within an hour yea I would go. I will be there when the doors open on sat am.

I'll be there Saturday

Its my B-Day too so maybe the "ole lady" will give me some spending money..... then again............. [sad2]

I will be there anyways. [grin]

Rob

I can't see coming down from maine for example, you really can't buy anything here anyway. but within an hour yea I would go.

Ahh, but I could. My brother's a dealer and will be there so I find what I want, he makes the purchase - usually at a better price deler to dealer, and I complete the transaction here at home on the 4473 form.
It's the inflated prices south of that big green bridge that will liekly keep me from heading south then west.

Quick report attendance was VERY light this am (till 11 when I left) some of the normal vendors where not there. it looked like most dealers marked up the EBR's to take advantage of the upcoming election hysteria. I found a few things on the ol list,
and got a tin of com block 7.62x39 (700 rnds) for 139.00

your mileage may vary.

Was the dealer who has all the AR-15 parts (Sherluck?) there? I need a buffer tube assembly to begin my build.

Was the dealer who has all the AR-15 parts (Sherluck?) there? I need a buffer tube assembly to begin my build.

i didn't go to this show, but Agawam Auto Sport/Taugwank Spur Corp normally sets up a big table with AR Uppers, mags, stocks et. normally they have a big peg board wall of Machine guns and EBR's behind them.

was that them?

Last edited:
Yes as Sue said Sherluck was there (and one of the few who where moving merchandise)
with all their stuff, Agawam Auto Sport/Taugwank Spur Corp where there, (they had a bunch of AK receivers for sale FYI) most of the normal big vendors where there.
the Garand guy (Pucchi?) out of NY was absent, and from the spring show I would say 15-20 tables where missing.

I'll be heading out tomorrow AM. Not a lot on the shopping list but enough to justify the admission price. Maybe some of that 7.62 if there's any left.

Here's a quick show report to expand on Glen's.

I was there with Solvslvps and his lovely new female companion (and open-minded newbie to world of firearms.) I'll bullet point the details:

• A Good day to like Winchester lever guns-they were everywhere!
  • If you wanted a GSG 5 you could find the same model (all new) for $475 $499 $625 and $675
  • With the exception of the 12 or so striped AK receivers, I saw three AKs at the show all together-perhaps they are being horded?
  • It was also vintage Colt Madness Day. You too can have a used but not vintage, sans bluing or beat up stainless, Colt 1911 for on $1099. Is that the only price people know how to put on a Colt?
  • There were more guns than last the spring but FEW deals to be had.
  • Ammo prices could be beat (even by mass residents) with a trip to Walmart for the pistol ammo and 10 minutes online for the rifle rounds.
  • The Ammo tent did have reloading stuff this time however.
  • Over all rating (considering that you had to spend $14 to get in the door. C+ I left having spend $22 on a box of Speer Gold Dots (50).

I went wasn't too impressed. I wanted an upper for my pre ban Colt and found the prices were higher than JDL and some of the online companies.

Yes as Sue said Sherluck was there (and one of the few who where moving merchandise)
with all their stuff, Agawam Auto Sport/Taugwank Spur Corp where there, (they had a bunch of AK receivers for sale FYI) most of the normal big vendors where there.
the Garand guy (Pucchi?) out of NY was absent, and from the spring show I would say 15-20 tables where missing.

Thanks. But it looks like I won't be able to go anyways. [crying]

Best deal in the place was a Glock guy selling G27s in mint condition for $495 OTD. They came with 2 mags and the tupperware box. One guy was buying one and I showed him how to strip it down. That was a very good price for a very early 3rd gen Sub Compact..... Wish I was in the market for one...

There was another guy selling Saiga-12 for $800- I laughed out loud when He told me that price... I hope no one bought them for that price.

got 5 32rd UZI mags for my new FA that is in transfer.

Picked up some cool back issues of SAR and MG news.

I found more stuff this show that I have in the past.

My plan was to hit the car shoot yesterday and head to the show today. Just got up, looked outside and it's raining and now I don't feel like doing anything. Something about rain turns me into a lazy slug. Gun show has now been replaced by a day full of cleaning the guns from yesterday and football! [smile]

Not bad, not great - got an M1 carbine stock with the metal in really good shape for $40, some cleaning supplies and a few leads on assembly materials for some upcoming projects. The cheap 7.62x39 was sold out though.

The parking and admission, as always, painful...

Back
Top Bottom