Anyone familiar with the CZ75B?

My question is, how does the safety work? Is it possible to carry it with one in the pipe, in DA mode with the safety on? If so, how does it decock?

Thanks.

There is no decocker on a typical CZ75. You must thumb down the hammer if you want to run it in DA mode. The safety also only works in SA mode.

There is a version of the gun called the CZ75BD that has a decocker, but no safety. The BD is overall pretty rare.

-Mike

There is no decocker on a typical CZ75. You must thumb down the hammer if you want to run it in DA mode. The safety also only works in SA mode.

There is a version of the gun called the CZ75BD that has a decocker, but no safety. The BD is overall pretty rare.

-Mike

Thanks Mike. Is thumbing the hammer down a bit of a dicy operation? I know how to do it on a Smith DA revolver and I'd rate that as a bit more dicy than using a decocker on a Sig, as an example. I also tried a Daewoo pistol once where it was designed to allow the user to just push the hammer up (it was a pretty nice design actually).

Thanks Mike. Is thumbing the hammer down a bit of a dicy operation? I know how to do it on a Smith DA revolver and I'd rate that as a bit more dicy than using a decocker on a Sig, as an example. I also tried a Daewoo pistol once where it was designed to allow the user to just push the hammer up (it was a pretty nice design actually).

I don't recall it being a big deal, but you obviously have to use caution when doing it; you just have to control the hammer enough to gently bring it to rest, releasing the trigger as soon as you get the hammer moving. Decockers are brainless in comparison. (point in safe direction, push lever. )

-Mike

I use my CZ75B fairly often and love it. Also have the Kadet .22 conversion kit and it is amazingly accurate and reliable.

I don't use it for carry, but have released the hammer many times to a loaded chamber. It is very simple... as with any firearm just be careful when doing so.

Best,

Rich

Is thumbing the hammer down a bit of a dicy operation? I know how to do it on a Smith DA revolver and I'd rate that as a bit more dicy than using a decocker on a Sig, as an example.
I'm just not a fan of thumbing down the hammer. If you do slip, you could have an ND.

I have a CZ75B. If I was going to carry it, I'd carry it condition 1 (chamber full, hammer cocked, safety on). YMMV.

I'm just not a fan of thumbing down the hammer. If you do slip, you could have an ND.

I have a CZ75B. If I was going to carry it, I'd carry it condition 1 (chamber full, hammer cocked, safety on). YMMV.

The only gun I've really tried that on is my 627 and that was empty. So, I tend to agree with you on this. Given that, how's the CZ75BD?

I'm mostly just curious as finding one of these will be difficult.

The only gun I've really tried that on is my 627 and that was empty. So, I tend to agree with you on this. Given that, how's the CZ75BD?

Sorry, I've never tried a CZ75BD. I'm not sure how different they are from the CZ75B. I haven't shot my CZ75B that much, but my impressions are as follows:

- sights suck. Too small and the rear sight notch is too narrow. CZ custom has some replacement sights that might be worthwhile: http://czcustom.com/CZ-Sights.aspx
- slide stop and magazine safety are in the right place.
- safety works in my preferred direction (up is on, down is off).
- safety is properly located on the frame.
- safety is not quite as comfortable and easily located as a 1911.
- SA trigger is OK, but not great. Better than a Glock mush-puppy, but won't be mistaken for a 1911
- magazine brake had to go, but was easily fixed with replacement part from CZ.
- grip circumference was good.

My CZ is pretty much a safe queen. Decent gun, but doesn't quite make it for me. YMMV.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom