Anybody reload or use the Hornady L-N-L up near North Andover?

Well I am starting to set up my press and I want to make sure I have it set up correctly.

At this point I have all the components ( I will be getting powder and brass and bullets) already have primers.

I was wondering if I could Bribe (beer -- if you drink and Pizza or ?? to swing by and check out the set up.

I still need to take it apart and clean and de-oil-grease the dies and other components like the manual said. I can do that later, I just want to make sure the set up is correct.

The only down side is the ONLY day I can do this would be Sunday's

FYI, the press in question is the Hornady L-N-L

Bruce- I am close by but my schedule it tight on Sundays lately. PM me if you have questions and maybe we can work something out. Are there any specific questions/concerns? I'd advise something like the following.

Run about 10 cases thru- one function at a time. All decap only. Then run the 10 thru and prime only, then bell/powder, then seating, then crimp. Work on one step at a time. It's easy to remove a case and check things.

Then you should have 10 good rounds- measure COL and check for good primer insertion. Next do one case a time for all steps. Watch everything. Do this a few times.

Then do it "normal". Take your time but you need to maintain a consistent motion.

I'd start with .45ACP... is seems like it's the easiest to me. CCI large primers are tight from my experience on .45 ACP. I use Winchester.

Back
Top Bottom