• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anybody Know About This Scope?

never heard of it. if you are in for an inexpensive scope at least go with UTG/Leapers they have 2 year warranty and US-based customer support.
better yet spend a bit more and get vortex or primary arms. burris also wouldn't be a bad choice.

I have utg red dot as well that was good to me so far. I did not abuse it though. I feel like the have upped their game in recent years. Not just company that slaps own label on standard Chinese production items. They actually design own products. Btw not all of their stuff is made in China. Some of it is made in USA. you can find out which and by going on their website. They place us made product into separate category

UTG, Leapers, Barska, BSM, Sun Optics.... It's all garbage. Primary Arms at the low end, and American Optics, Trijicon, Elcan and others on the high end. There are great options in the mid range (Lucid, Vortex, too many to list). Don't go super cheap. A rifle you can't aim properly is a useless rifle.

UTG, Leapers, Barska, BSM, Sun Optics.... It's all garbage. Primary Arms at the low end, and American Optics, Trijicon, Elcan and others on the high end. There are great options in the mid range (Lucid, Vortex, too many to list). Don't go super cheap. A rifle you can't aim properly is a useless rifle.

This. In the past month I have wasted $50 on return shipping, hours of time and ended up buying right the second times. If you want decent cheap, PA; mid-range Vortex. The high end market, well you need to find what fits you as they are all fairly well built and quality.

I ended up returning a Vortex magnifier, Bobro Aimpoint Mount and a Larue LT755S. I finally ended up with all larue mounts and aimpoint optics and glass. The cost escalates quickly but now everything is either covered by warranty for life or fairly bullet proof.

What are you mounting it to?

I will be mounting it to my AR 15. Right now there is a normal 4-12x40 longstyle scope on it and I am not a fan of the traditional hunting scope on the AR. I would like something that magnifies but not the traditional hunting style if its possible without spending a ton for a range gun.

If you're going to go cheap, try this smaller 1-4x scope

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/bushnell-ar-optics-1-4x-24mm-throw-down-pcl-ar91424i.html

If we can talk you out of making a $200 mistake, start looking at Aimpoints, EOTechs and Trijicons for dots. Look at nicer companies like Leupold for scopes.

I also cannot stress enough how nic and reliable LaRue mounts are, especially the QR ones.

So true I,have the 104 larue mount. It's also amazing how well a decent set of rings will help a cheap scope out vs the junk they come with. I also learned the hard way how proper torque on the mounts can really help. If your rings are to tight or uneven it causes stress on the tube. If your rings are not true it's,even worse.

I have had good luck with Hawke brand scopes.
OP if your looking for shorter scopes with magnification look at "shotgun" or "black powder " scopes.
They are a bit more compact. I am one of those that have good luck with inexpensive products.
Although for not much more you can do better with a known established company and a warranty.
I sent my old Leopold misfire scope back for service. Stopped tracking. They sent me a replacement for 50$ not a bad deal! That was 10years ago.

I keep saying I'm not going to build any more ARs but can't seem to get rid of enough parts to stop! That said I have been eyeballing one of these.http://www.amazon.com/Leupold-11068...TF8&qid=1424347288&sr=8-4&keywords=vxr+patrol
I'm a leupold fan .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom