Any WWII G43 Owners Here?

While I don't own one, I can highly recommend the book Hitlers Garands by Darrin Weaver. It contains all the info you will need.

Gartman Arms in Wrentham has one for sale. I know nothing about them (other than the fact that they tend to be expensive) and can not say how original it might be. The wood on the upper hand guard does not look to match the rest of the stock. Even if you weren't ready to buy, it might be a way to get hands/eyes on one for research purposes.

I have one... there are some things to learn about them. For instance, the 8mm Mauser round beat up the G43 action really good and resulted in cracking of the rear of the receiver from the constant pounding it was taking. There's an update you can have done to the action to reduce the recoil and prevent the destruction of the receiver. I'd start my research there as there's more info about it on the interweb than I can type here

The one at Gartman's is a total mismatch, although it does have a rail and original scope. They won't budge from $3000.

T

I have one... there are some things to learn about them. For instance, the 8mm Mauser round beat up the G43 action really good and resulted in cracking of the rear of the receiver from the constant pounding it was taking. There's an update you can have done to the action to reduce the recoil and prevent the destruction of the receiver. I'd start my research there as there's more info about it on the interweb than I can type here

Is this what you are referring to?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5wL3ALiRZk

If you are going to shoot these, have a shooters kit installed to reduce the gas pressure. Once that is done they are totally fine to shoot. It was designed with higher gas to cycle on the Eastern Front cold conditions. It will fling the brass over 30 feet. With the shooters kit in it, it will reduce the brass fling down to 5 to 10 feet. I have no worries about shooting any of mine and they are as accurate as anything.

Last edited:
Is this what you are referring to?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5wL3ALiRZk

Ayuh!

- - - Updated - - -

If you are going to shoot these, have a shooters kit installed to reduce the gas pressure. Once that is done they are totally fine to shoot. It was designed with higher gas to cycle on the Eastern Front cold conditions. It will fling the brass over 30 feet. With the shooters kit in it, it will reduce the brass fling down to 5 to 10 feet. I have no worried about shooting any of mine and they are as accurate as anything.

and ^^^THIS^^^

Back
Top Bottom