• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any places to hunt in NH?

I don't know any landowners or anything and have never gotten a chance to deer hunt before, but I want to change that this season. Can someone give me advice on where to find a good place to hunt in New Hampshire?

you can hunt almost anywhere and everywhere in NH it seems, if its not posted you can hunt it. but if theres a house and if i can tell by looking around that the property is owned by this or that house, ill nock on the door and ask if they mind if im hunting near there, usually they send you into the spot they always see game but if im asking ive already seen whats there and just want the go ahead.

If its posted, just go somewhere els. dont ask or anything, just stay away. because if its posted, they dont want anyone hunting there and thats that.

I'm not really familiar with the protocols of hunting... if its public land, do you just go out there? Can you hunt in state parks?

Pittsburg NH, Indian Stream, Perry Stream area. Big Deer, Lots of Moose and even a Mountain Lion or two........I love that area!
I've hunted the Indian Stream area many times and I also love the area. I've heard the moose push the deer out because they are in competition for the same food plots. The deer are big up there but the number per mile seems to be higher in So. NH and So. Maine. Nothing like being in a tree stand and seeing a moose come crashing by only feet from your stand. [wink]

Ever stay at the Wander Inn on Back Lake?
I've driven past it coming back from the Buck Rub Pub but never stayed there. One of my long time friends lives on Jesse Young Rd. across the street from Indian Stream. Certain times of the year it can get pretty crowded even on the back roads. I miss the old days when hardly anyone was up there.[frown]

I know what you mean....I hunted up there from 82-88. It very nice. I almost (should have) bought 78 acres Just past the Wander inn. I was a foll and let it go.......

i dont hunt that pittsburg area, but ive done some sledn there lol

umm theres this saw mill type place between i say back lake and partrage lodge, lol id need a map to point it out. anyway i seen a few good spots there and i did have the luck of a nice buck jumping in front of my sled right in that area.

also theres a loop trail somewhere in the partrage lodge area, it kinda runs threw a swamp and hooks on corridor 5 i think. anyway from what ive heard, someone in that area feeds the deer, you can kinda tell because theres a good amount of deer runs that cross the trail and the area there is set up to be posibly a winter deer yard. good spot for rabbit also, had a dozen or so of them shoot cross the trail in there.

Back
Top Bottom