Any opinions on Trijicon Accupoint scopes?

I have the 3x9 Accupoint on a Kimber Montana in 300 WSM. I am going to Montana this fall for elk and liked the idea of the Trijicon for alot of reasons, quality and durability being two of them. I have only shot this setup at the range and so far I like it. I think I would prefer an amber reticle over the red and not having cross hairs is hard for me to get used to on a hunting rifle. I was looking at the scope you posted the link for. I recently bought a DSA heavy barrel FAL off a buddy but I am considering a TA33 instead of a traditional type scope at this point, we'll see, I am still undecided.

My personal opinion is the Trijicons are the best hands down. I own 4 and the red chevron is my favorite. TA11F

Spend the $$$ you wont regret it.

Bit expensive there, I believe it's like 400-500 on midwayusa with a dealer license.

Ok, how do I get a dealer license to get the discount? It shows as $594 for me.

It's 489.99 with the discount (but it doesn't include the mount).

You get the dealer discount with a C&R or 01FFL.

Hmm, that's one of the better reasons I've heard to get a C&R.

Thanks.

Primary reason I have it.... I've saved enough from discounts that I could probably buy a rifle or two....if I had saved the money I saved...

Seems like a good deal, especially with the over-engineered mount. Just wondering, does the tritium "wear out" on these?

Chris

I believe there is a 10+ year life expectancy on the tritium which they will recharge for a fee. Their customer service is awesome to work with.
I don't believe the accupoints are available with the chevron at this time. They do have a series of new reticles out though.

I'm a huge fan of the Accupoint and I use it with the LaRue mount as shown in order to get the proper eye relief. I use a 1.25-4.0 scope extensively on an AR for action shooting competition because the chevron is a good compromise between rapid up-close target acquisition and the precision needed for 300 yard engagement. I have the same scope for New England style woods hunting with a lever action rifle.

That being said, I don't use it for more focused precision shooting. I'm bringing a Leupold with a varminter reticle to find the prairie dogs. It's just easier for me to use traditional cross-hairs for that type of aiming.

Regarding the tritium, it only comes into play in extremely low light scenarios, virtually full darkness. The Accupoint has a large spiral of optical fiber on the top that illuminates the chevron and even during twilight conditions it is much brighter than the tritium illumination.

I'm a huge fan of the Accupoint and I use it with the LaRue mount as shown in order to get the proper eye relief. I use a 1.25-4.0 scope extensively on an AR for action shooting competition because the chevron is a good compromise between rapid up-close target acquisition and the precision needed for 300 yard engagement. I have the same scope for New England style woods hunting with a lever action rifle.

That being said, I don't use it for more focused precision shooting. I'm bringing a Leupold with a varminter reticle to find the prairie dogs. It's just easier for me to use traditional cross-hairs for that type of aiming.

Regarding the tritium, it only comes into play in extremely low light scenarios, virtually full darkness. The Accupoint has a large spiral of optical fiber on the top that illuminates the chevron and even during twilight conditions it is much brighter than the tritium illumination.

Excellent. Thanks Dan. I'm looking for something that works from close to mid range and it sounds like a good compromise for what I want. It'll go on an M&P15FT so the gun isn't ideal beyond 300yds anyway.

Someday I'll get a .308 for longer stuff.

Paul - I could not be more of a Trijicon fan unless I worked for the company, (which I wish I did). For budgetary reasons, I'm going for a Millet DMS for my SOCOM-16 and the Tripower will find a home on my NES M4. If I had the dough to spare, I would not hesitate for a moment to trust an Accu-Point, or any Trijicon product with my life...I'll be curious to see how it performs in a CQB role. By the way - call Mark LaRue. His prices are firm, but perhaps not so firm...He's a good guy and may work with you. I got my Tripower for much less than retail by making a phone call....

Just to follow up on this, I bought an ACOG TA01NSNFLR off of: http://www.samplelist.com/default.aspx?display_num=10&mfg_selection=29&prod_type=-1&hide_sold=false

8848_ior%20reticle%20014.jpg

To be honest, I still don't have a good idea of what I need in a rifle optic but these obviously have a great rep and if it doesn't work for me, someone here will get a good deal.

I bleeped up my 10 year old Trijicon reflex site by spraying "Gun Scrubber" on the plastic light collector. They fixed it for free in 4 weeks. Guess where I'm buying my next scope?

Back
Top Bottom