Any Interest??? New NRA Instructor Classes Scheduled

scouter-rick

Training Counselor
NES Member
As a primary function of my involvement in Scouting I need to train Instructors for the ratings used during Boy Scout Summer Camp and time is drawing short. I am opening the sessions to NES as a benefit to NES members. Classes will be held in Kingston, MA.

Since some instructors only work in certain program areas I will be doing the ratings A-la-carte as detailed below.

I am scheduling sessions starting June 20th. These would be 9-10 hour days to accomplish it. The Schedule will be as follows:

6/20 - Pre-course evaluation for all students of the program. AKA Shooting and general knowledge tests. Followed by Basic Instructor Training.

6/21 - Pistol Instructor

6/22 - Shotgun Instructor

6/23 - Rifle Instructor Part 1

6/24 - Complete Rifle Instructor and complete Home Firearm Safety

Students would be able to choose which sections they were interested in doing and register for those in advance. Therefore only those areas would need evaluation on Saturday.

Cost would be aggressive because most of the instructors volunteer their time to Scouting and pay for the ratings from their own pocket.

Basic Instructor Course and Pistol would be $200. Adding one additional rating would add $150 and any additional ratings would add only $100. Meaning that if one took the entire class they would invest $550.

Pre-registration will be required. PM me with your email address for registration forms or with questions.

-Rick

Last edited:
Rick, I am interested in taking your NRA Instructor courses. Probably all of the ones mentioned. Do you have any hard dates yet?

thanks,

Adam

Rick, I am interested in this. Just saw the posting just now. Would have replied sooner otherwise.

PM sent.

Steve

damn, I so want to do this, and have the money set aside for it, but its on Fathers Day weekend. Not so sure I can make it. I will know better this weekend. That ok?

Looks like a small but excellent group. We are ON!!!!

Seats still remain. However, I need to know by Sunday night to be able to order materials.

If you PM me please send an outside email address so I can include attachments in my reply.

-Rick

Back
Top Bottom