• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any interest in stocking up on Stripped AR15 rec'vers??

I'm putting together a large purchase for another site and thought I would mention it here :)

Looking at new DPMS Stripped Lowers...would be $98.99ea and shipped USPS Priority to your FFL Holder. Hoping to wrap things up w/ DPMS this week!

Any interest?

GREENMOUNTAINGEAR said:
I'm putting together a large purchase for another site and thought I would mention it here :)

Looking at new DPMS Stripped Lowers...would be $98.99ea and shipped USPS Priority to your FFL Holder. Hoping to wrap things up w/ DPMS this week!

Any interest?
Looking to get into AR's.

Never done so, never worked on one, just fired a few hundred shots.
Never fully stripped my SIG down to bare-frame.

Do work as a tech rep on $1/2 million digital imaging equipment

Im about an 11 out of 10 on the technicaly-inclined scale...

Would building an AR from this much "stratch" be worth it? Doable?

Republic of Mass said:
GREENMOUNTAINGEAR said:

Any interest?

You won't have any problems doing it yourself. And with the money you would save it would be worth it. I'm sure Tony has a link or two with detailed directions on parts assembly.

derek said:
Republic of Mass said:
GREENMOUNTAINGEAR said:

Any interest?

You won't have any problems doing it yourself. And with the money you would save it would be worth it. I'm sure Tony has a link or two with detailed directions on parts assembly.
Thanks derek. Im opting for an AR for my first longgun due to its customability (new word?) and availability of parts.

Roughly what would it cost to piece-together an AR out of New Parts?
What special tools will I need?

These are all things I need to keep in mind..... Thanks all

Republic of Mass said:
GREENMOUNTAINGEAR said:

Any interest?

RoM - If I read this correctly, it is nothing more, or less, than stripped lowers. Meaning the lower is completely machined and the part necessary to have sent to your FFL.

What you'll need to finish the lower is a lower parts kit (trigger assembly, etc) and stock and buffer assbmy. It's basically just putting parts together. There should be no machining or modification necessary. Very doable by anyone who can work a simple jig-saw puzzle.

I'll take one...
EMail me [email protected], give me details

Im firearms-funds defecient right now, otherwise I'de get like 5!
(yes, i put myself on a firearms allowance, its not easy for us single guys out here ya know)

(On second thought, Ive been part of other forums that got group buys which i took advantage of over a year after it was introduced, is this going to be ongoing? or will it just be a one-time bulk buy?)

Also, what special tools will I need? Its time I get an armorer's toolkit, just wondering if there's anything AR specific
I saw Sight tools
Stock tools
barrell wrenches
Punches

anything else you can think of?

Im really nervous about the gas system... ugh, im sure ill do fine...

To assemble the lower, the only tools thay you'll need should be some punches and a light hammer. I have a small set of steel punches, a couple of larger brass punches and a small multifaced hammer. Since you're in MA you won't need a CAR stock wrench. The A2/A1 receiver extension can be installed with a standard wrench and the buttstock with a large screwdriver.

After that you can buy a complete upper & away you go.

If you're going to build your upper as well. You'll need a barrel(armorers) wrench and upper receiver vice block. A rollpin punch would help with pinning the gas tube but I've done with the brass punches.

Take your time and don't force anything. If it doesn't want to fit find out why before getting a bigger hammer.

CD

What the hell, while I'm here I'll take one as well. Can't hurt to have a spare for a future build

email inbound.

CD

Ok...Thanks Guys!

I'll be finishing up the details w/ DMPS next week after the holiday. Once everything is complete, I'll post a link to the GMG site with all of the ordering info, payment options, addy to mail FFL to and such.

Rob

I can be in for one. Rather than have you ship it, I can pick it up from you, since it's not THAT far to go.

For those of you that haven't done a build before, this is a good place to start. Easiest gun to build that I can think of, except for a few that may not be worth owning. Definitely easier than an AK, FAL, G3 or M1/M14.

DPMS is the manufacturer.

Pricing ranges from $110-$140 depending on the dealer/dist.

All ordering instructions will be posted once I wrap up everything w/ them this week. Lower Parts Kits, Stocks, M4 uppers and A2 uppers will be available as well if all goes as planned :)

I'm going to be away for the next week with limited access(at best) to the internet. I just wanted you to know in case this concludes within the next few days, there is a reason you won't be hearing from me. I will be back online by the 20th.

CDKayak

Republic of Mass said:
Status, please?

Just waiting for the main portion of the deal to go forward w/ the sponsoring site. Ended up being less commits than people originally qouted and I have had to go some other avenues to try to get this thru :)

So, just how many did you need to buy, and did you count me for 2?

I may have some friends that want some. They can come up to your shop and buy them direct from you.

Had to have a set amount to lock in the lower price. What I offered here was going to be the "extras" to get the numbers up from the other site. The demand there was off significantly compared to demand prior to me investing my time in this. I've been working on two "back-up plans" to keep it alive.

As for local sales, I am not doing any aside from a friend that is another dealer.

GREENMOUNTAINGEAR said:
As for local sales, I am not doing any aside from a friend that is another dealer.

I'm sure I could arrange it with a dealer for the others, I know the situation, my father doesn't like doing a lot of transfers any more, either.

Of course, he'd do the transfers for me or a close friend.

Dumb question, but I've got to ask. And, I won't be offended if you don't want to answer. Just how many more do you need to do this deal?

Back
Top Bottom