Any decent Milsurp dealers in NH?

Are there any good dealers in NH to check out for Milsurps? I'm pretty sure I will be applying for a C&R soon, but in the mean time, I'd like to see what is available to me in NH.

Some of what I'm looking for: Mauser Kar98k, mosins (m91/30, m44), Springfield 1903, Lee Enfield, or maybe even an Arisaka

I've already checked Stateline Gun Shop in Mason, Eric Manna Distributing in New Ipswich, Riley's in Hooksett, and Manchester Firing Line Range in Manchester. Are there any others that I should check out? Travel is no problem. I'd love to spend the day driving to a good dealer or two if need be.

Yes, Terry Goode at

Collectors Firearms & Militaria
122 Bridge St., Unit 9
Pelham, NH 03076
(603) 635-9699

Tell him Len sent you!

Anyone know if Frank's Gun Shop in Weare NH is still open? His website hasn't been updated since 2005 and I can't find any of his auctions on gunbroker.com.

I suppose I could try calling the number on the website, but then my boss would realize that I'm not getting much work done if he heard me calling a gun shop

I tried to stop by Collector's once a month or so. You can always find Enfields, Mosins, and (expecially) Arisaka's there, along with various bayonets, ammo and other neat stuff!

He also shows up at most of the New England shows. I'm sure he'll be in Marlboro this coming weekend.

Anyone know if Frank's Gun Shop in Weare NH is still open? His website hasn't been updated since 2005 and I can't find any of his auctions on gunbroker.com.

I suppose I could try calling the number on the website, but then my boss would realize that I'm not getting much work done if he heard me calling a gun shop

Frank moved from Weare to Manchester. You will get a "number not in service" message if you call his Weare numbers. I know because I did this late last month. I stopped by Manchester FLR while on vacation in NH and asked Jim McLeod (they are good friends and work together) about Frank. I have since called and Emailed Frank and have been in Email "discussion" today with him.

Frank told me that he is currently selling on GA or GB (I forget which one) and I also forgot his username.

Thanks for the info LenS. I drove by Collectors Firearms after work today and found that they're not open on Mondays, so I'll have to check them out some time later this week.

If anyone knows of any other shops, I'd love to check them out also

Check out Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, ME. Last time I was there they had all of what you are looking for.

I always thought that Kittery only had hunting rifles and shotguns. I never realized that they have milsurps too.

I just got back from Collectors in Pelham. Great selection. I think they had something like 15 K98s in there, so that will probably be my next purchase since they have so many to choose from. Now I just have to do some homework on the K98 so I know which one to buy

Kittery has hunting guns, defensive guns, black gun, milsurp guns, hand guns, revolver guns, air guns, paintball guns...

You get the point, but they usually do have about three racks full of milsurp rifles including some really nice ones. I picked up two nice rifles from them this year, an Enfield No. 4 Mk I/II that had been refinished but to a very, very nice condition for $175 and recently a Finn 91/30 with a Tikka barrel that was in like new condition except for a handguard crack for $275 (in line with or less than what I've seen them going for elsewhere)

Thanks for the tip Vellnueve. I wander into the firearms dept at Kittery at least 4 times per year and never noticed any racks of milsurps. I'll have to pay more attention next time.

I picked up a beautiful #s matching non-capture BYF 41 from Collectors today. It even still has the cleaning rod and front site hood. I'll post up some pics in the New Acquisitions thread in a bit.

Thanks again guys

If you're ever "above the Notch", the Village Gun Store in Whitefield is always worth a stop. I bought a nice walnut stocked K31 from them a few years ago. At the time, there were 20 or so other old greasy rifles in the racks.

The owners are nice people and great to talk to... especially about the workings of NH politics. They used to live in NYC, then moved to NH in the 1970s and opened a gun store.

http://www.villagegun.com/

If you're ever "above the Notch", the Village Gun Store in Whitefield is always worth a stop. I bought a nice walnut stocked K31 from them a few years ago. At the time, there were 20 or so other old greasy rifles in the racks.

The owners are nice people and great to talk to... especially about the workings of NH politics. They used to live in NYC, then moved to NH in the 1970s and opened a gun store.

http://www.villagegun.com/

How dumb do I feel?! I stayed up at Mountain View Grand in Whitefield a couple weeks ago. I mentioned to my girlfriend that I wanted to stop by the Village Gun Store, but we never had the time. Oh well... Next time maybe

Riley's in hookset has mosin nagants 91/30, m38, m44, sks, enfields, m1's, mausers etc etc, however they usually only have a few of each model so it's not like you can handpick a rifle out of a dozen.

Back
Top Bottom