Any Canal cruising Striper nuts on board?

I liveline troll in a tiny skiff offshore (3mi.)
i can't wait to get some paypack on the slob that caused me to loose all of my guns overboard last season.
Probally gonna be filming alot of it for my "Wicked Stripers" pilot. [laugh]

My wife and I are offshore sailors. We are on our way to Boston. 7 from my family going in 2 cars, and we're picking up 2 more people to fill the cars.

Leaving Pittsfield at 0815.

And yes we drag a line behind the boat with a hook.

I commercial fish out of buzzards bay in a 24ft Diesel CC.... Im the guy blowing a wake through the canal in the morning when its still dark out... sorry bout that[smile]

If its one thing I love is the water. The pic is from last season 43 incher. Lately I have been chasing Charlie insted of stipped bass. Doing that on a limited budget is hard. I might start selling my new cod rigs though. If any of you are from the Northshore area I can usually be found in Broad sound area/Nahant we should do some fishing!
Striper_zps6cf9fad2.jpg

I am local to the canal but mostly drag a line from my sailboat...I would be up for a NES striperfest though!! Fishing early BBQ all night....

If its one thing I love is the water. The pic is from last season 43 incher. Lately I have been chasing Charlie insted of stipped bass. Doing that on a limited budget is hard. I might start selling my new cod rigs though. If any of you are from the Northshore area I can usually be found in Broad sound area/Nahant we should do some fishing!
Striper_zps6cf9fad2.jpg

Cod rigs eh?

I think I may sign up for some scuba lessons or even free diving for lobster, possibly look into spearfishing eventually.

Cod rigs eh?

I think I may sign up for some scuba lessons or even free diving for lobster, possibly look into spearfishing eventually.

Duderino - I got my PADI certification ages ago. I used to dive for lobster but got sick of going alone. You could spearfish around here but a lot of species are restricted. And on top of that mother nature is against us. Visability is usually less than ten feet down here. I now have 5 lobster pots out there and use the fish racks for bait. Even that is becoming a chore. But I had a lot of fun finding fat flounder and whelks in my traps so Im still addicted. Last season I lost my first trap. I have to dredge for it at the begining of this season.

Jake - Nice fat fish. WTH is skishing? Imma look it up lol.

Have you guys caught any sharks close to shore? Last season I pulled up a sand tiger right in between the channel and Revere Beach

I learned something new today. Where do you keep your beer?

Me? In the cooler under the leaning post :D

As far as skishing, I don't think I would wanna be floating around the surf at night dressed like a seal. But it looks like a blast when you hook up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just learned what skishing was not long ago, and it scares the shit outta me. [laugh] Friggin Great Whites in the waters I like to fish... no thanks.

I cross the Sagamore bridge twice a day 5 times a week year round, so I'm always looking for someone to meet up with early morning or evening on weekdays.

I am big on surf and fly.. skipped last year do to those weird soars eveywhere on the fish... My immune system was compromised didnt want to take any chances this year i should be back at it.

I've sacrificed my fair share of expensive lures to the canal gods. I usually make the hour long trek out there on weekday evenings early in the season.

Back
Top Bottom