Antique Armory-Middleboro, MA

Stopped in today with a friend and what a great place this is and Ted is a really nice guy. Was able to find a nice little 22 mag revolver and a pocket gun for my buddy. Checked out a TON of great guns he had out and he showed a bunch in his safe. Some great guns I have never seen before nevermind ever held but he gave us the rundown on them all. I will go back and buy from him frequently now that I have found his shop. This is a place you can go and never deal with gunshop grumps or feel like you are in a private club. Really nice layout and he just put a new rack in the center for many of the long guns he has displayed. Couldn't have been happier with the visit. We walked out with a lot more knowledge than we walked in with. Any time that happens it is a good thing.

Last edited:
I finally checked this shop out today. Wasn't too tough to find, there is a sign now outside. The antique shop itself is cleaned out and he'll be moving the gun shop downstairs. His wife said business has been really good so there is a need for more room. Ted says he wants to expand his selection and start including reloading supplies.

Lots of nice old handguns and quite a few rifles, plus a decent selection of shotguns. There is pretty much something for everyone no matter what your interest is.

As part of my regular monthly Saturday routine with my son.. we normally visit 4-5 local gun shops and have lunch at Dave's Diner or Harry's Bar and Grill.
Well..after about 10 visits to the AA...i finally purchased my first firearm from Ted today.
I just saw the same firearm at Gunbroker (that i previously bidded on) recently sell for $800.

Because Ted was in a selling mood, I was able to [STRIKE]bring[/STRIKE] steal it home for less than half that price.
Bonus was... he included 100 rounds, there was no waiting in line for service and no tax!

thats a cool little gun. I recently checked out a older beretta select-bolt. You could choose between semi and bolt action. Gun was well used but function fine.

I took my first trip to a.a. this past saturday.. Very impressed. It's like walking into a nice den..Very laid back ect..That beretta you just bought there is an un-common little rifle that is near an exact copy of the Walther model 1 or 2.. They made two versions one had a shorter barrel flip up rear sight the other a longer barrel with a sliding adjustable sight..Only rifle I'm aware of that can be either a bolt action or semi auto...

went back on possible trade in....very reasonable offer. Just nothing really grabbed my attention this trip. I like the new set up

INMHO, This is the best looking gun shop in the state. I love 4 seasons and Zero hour, Village sports, etc but this place feels like home. This is a place you could bring a wife or girlfriend (not at the same time) and they would feel comfortable and probably enjoy themselves. Plenty of room to walk around. Guns placed in groups out where you can examine them. Too many shops have used long guns behind the counter where you can't see them easily. Selection runs from Glocks to 1897 shotguns, old revolvers and new. Single shot rifles, Gararands everything.

Antique Armory

I live in Middleboro where there are three Gunshops..I am spoiled..Ted is truely the nicest guy you could ever chat with..I have bought five military rifles from him and one pistol in the last six four months and all my reloading equipment...(Except for some small items from Bass Pro). He has great prices,a nice roomy shop and the best selection of pistols and rifles around. If you want somthing, he is on the laptop right away and has gotton me brass and bullets for my carcano 7.35 and my Jap 6.5 with out bending me over price wise...

Antique Armory is what a gun Shop should be...(And no I am not carrying Teds Baby...)

Old Joe

A great shop!

I met another NES member there today to complete a transfer. This was my first time in the shop. It is completely downstairs now. Very relaxed, lots of room, very clean and nicely laid out. Everyone there was friendly, especially Ted, the owner. He has a nice selection of handguns and long guns. I believe I also saw some stripped AR uppers. Prices seemed good, based on my limited knowledge.

Ted made it a point to invite me to stop in again, even if I wasn't looking to buy anything. There was an elderly gentleman there looking around at some of the milsurps. It came out in conversation that he was a WWII vet. Ted made it a point to say some nice things to him about what his service meant to our country. This man wasn't buying anything, but Ted treated him like he was his best customer.

Ted could give lessons on how to run a shop and deal with customers. I was impressed. I look forward to going back.

I window shop teds place usually with my daughter in tow. I always stop in when ever I am in the area. Something is going to grab me in that shop sooner or later.

There was an elderly gentleman there looking around at some of the milsurps. It came out in conversation that he was a WWII vet. Ted made it a point to say some nice things to him about what his service meant to our country. This man wasn't buying anything, but Ted treated him like he was his best customer.

That was my Dad. I took him in there for the first time.

So I passed by another NES'r without knowing. :(

That was my Dad. I took him in there for the first time.

So I passed by another NES'r without knowing. :(

Damn, Pilgrim, I wish I had known it was you so I could have said hello. Actually, there were at least two other Nes'rs there, myself and the gentleman I was buying the gun from. To stay on-topic, that was one of the fastest and smoothest transfers I have ever done.

Please convey my thanks to your Dad for his service. It was nice to see him reminiscing about some of the stuff there. BTW, your Dad is one tall guy. It's not often I have to look up to make eye contact with someone.

Antique Armory

Hey has anyone been over to Antique Armory lately?
This is really a great shop and I just do not think enough people know about it.
I have been going now for a couple of years and I really can't say enough about the service and the beautiful shop. This is a great stop for anyone and they have some items you just can not find anywhere else. It is even a good place to just go and hang out and talk guns or anything you feel like chatting about.
They are open on Sunday as well
Stop by and you won't be dissapointed.
Thanks
Dan

Antique Armory - Closed for the season?

I get down Middleboro way about once a month and usually stop by. For the last 3 months the place has been closed. Last month a guy in the street was taking pictures of the place and he looked like a real estate agent. What gives?

Back
Top Bottom