anticipation is killing me

I got a call from FedEx today that there is a package which needs my signature. It is my hopefully repaired M1 Garand. I am surprised I didn't get an email from CMP telling me the rifle was on its way. I called CMP South and left a message for customer service to see if there are notes in their system saying what their armorer was able to do.

The anticipation is killing me! It is not even 11:30 and I won't be able to get there for almost seven hours!

Thank you for letting me vent.

haha oh man I feel for you when my garand came in same thing happened to me...hopefully this one won't be a lemon like the last one

I asked them to repair the one I had. I already invested $140 to have it checked out. The rear sight needed to be fixed / replaced, and two screws needed to be replaced and the holes needed to be retapped.

Update:

I just picked up the rifle, and it appears they put a new site and they replaced the two stripped screws. I can't wait to put some steel down range!

I just got a message that my Garand will ship in 7-14 days. I love that feeling... I'm going to be replacing the handguard with the rail mount that the CMP sell, to mount long eye relief scope as a scout scope.

Back
Top Bottom