• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anti-walk pins for M&P 15-22

73BLow

NES Member
I bought an M&P 15-22 last week. I took it to the range on Friday to get it sighted in and proceeded to run a couple hundred rounds of various standard velocity ammo through it without a single issue. Yesterday, I brought it to the range and decided to use CCI mini-mags. I went through the first 10 rounds with no problems and then on the second mag I thought something was wrong. After putting the safety on and clearing it, I was surprised to find I could pull the trigger and the hammer dropped with the safety on.

I broke it down for further inspection and found that the trigger group pins had walked just far enough out of the holes in the receiver for it to move about a millimeter. I straightened the trigger group and pushed the pins back in and decided to go back to standard velocity rounds. I went through a couple hundred more rounds without any problems.

So my questions are:

Do you think the mini mags are too much for the plastic receiver? It recommends them in the manual.

Or, should I just put some anti-walk pins in it?

Thanks,
Brian

Last edited:
I've shot mini-mags, stingers, velocitors, and a bunch of other ammo in my 15-22 and never had an issue. They might have been near the edge of the holes and walked just a little bit? I would center them and try to reproduce it.

Well here come the black heli's for you talking about this on an open forum!

Charles.

Yeahhhhh, admitting you inadvertently possessed an illegal machine gun for even a short period of time on a public forum isn't a good idea. Might want to edit your OP.

Anywhozle, I'm hoping to pick up a 15-22 on the morrow. I fired one back when S&W's range was still open to mere serfs, it was a blast. Although those 10-round mags are all but useless....

Last edited:
I've shot mini-mags, stingers, velocitors, and a bunch of other ammo in my 15-22 and never had an issue. They might have been near the edge of the holes and walked just a little bit? I would center them and try to reproduce it.

This. I have a 15-22 and shoot mini mags almost exclusively, never had any issues like this. 1000s of rounds.

Back
Top Bottom