Anti Gun senator shoots intruder

I searched and didn't see this as a "dupe". It's month old, I wonder why we didn't hear about this. . . .

Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder. See link, below ...

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/ne...me/287987/P10/

Aug 24, 2009

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator (D) R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outsideTabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties.

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,=2 0declined to discuss t he incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

Soles, a top-ranking Democrat and the longest-serving member of the legislature, already was the subject of an SBI investigation over sexual misconduct allegations with former male clients. (FHW - Now, that sounds more like a liberal to me).

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine. But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

Are you suprised at all? Just shows you that politicians are become even more blatantly obvious about how they feel the elite should be seperated from the masses.

The "victim", Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties.

Wasn't he the perp????

I'm all up for pointing out how hypocritical this guy was, but this line pisses me off:

"already was the subject of an SBI investigation over sexual misconduct allegations with former male clients. (FHW - Now, that sounds more like a liberal to me)."

Talk about making your argument weaker by flaunting some damn ignorance. Need we bring up how rife the conservative politicians' ranks also are with marital infidelity, closeted homosexuals who are then outed, corruption, etc. etc. etc.?

I'm not one side or the other politically, but if someone messes up like this Senator, hang them with the rope they've given you. No reason to heap BS on top of it. You ask me, the line should have read "now that sounds more like a politician to me." Party affiliation rarely has much to do with these guys' busted morals :)

Last edited:
The "victim", Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties.

Wasn't he the perp????

That comes directly out of the liberal playbook. The perp in this case was your stereotypical disadvantaged inner city youth who was turning his life around. What right did this anti-gun nut have to shoot him?

Wasn't he the perp????

No kidding. that drives me insane. He is not a victim, getting shot was something HE brought on HIMSELF.

I have been looking to see if I could find his stance on the 2nd amendment.

So far I can't find an "unbiased" source that says he is anti-gun.

His voting record shows he voted for concealed carry of firearms by DA'a and Assistant DA's in the courthouse. Not sure exactly how to interpret that but at least he didn't vote against it.

Rob will remember, who was the anti gun Black columnist who wrote for a DC newspaper, who shot a kid who was using his pool without permission, Carl Rowan, thank you google:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Rowan
Rowan gained public notoriety on June 14, 1988, when he shot a teenage trespasser, Neil Smith, who was using Rowan's swimming pool in Washington, D.C.. Rowan used an unregistered .22 LR pistol. Critics charged hypocrisy, since Rowan was a strict gun control advocate. In a 1981 column, he advocated "a law that says anyone found in possession of a handgun except a legitimate officer of the law goes to jail—period." In 1985, he called for "A complete and universal federal ban on the sale, manufacture, importation and possession of handguns (except for authorized police and military personnel)." [2] [3]

Immediately after the shooting, Rowan offered several conflicting accounts about where he got the handgun. He first said that he had purchased the gun himself in response to threats on his life (which he later claimed had been made by the Ku Klux Klan). He also initially claimed that the gun had been properly registered. However, when District of Columbia police disclosed that the gun had not been registered, Rowan changed his story, claiming that the gun belonged to his son, who "was an FBI agent and did not have to register it [because it was] properly registered federally." Police officials pointed out that under D.C. law, all guns must be registered locally; failure to do so was punishable by up to a year in prison and a $1,000 fine.

Rowan was tried but the jury was deadlocked, the judge declared a mistrial and he was never retried. In his autobiography, Rowan said he still favors gun control, but admits being vulnerable to a charge of hypocrisy.[4]

Sorry, I just cut and pasted the story. I wonder why they listed him "anti-gun" in the story
Vast right wing conspiracy don't ya know... [laugh]

Could be lack of fact checking - that almost never happens[thinking]

Or could be something he's said that we have not found or was taken out of context by the writer...

The NRA's ratings aren't gospel... The press isn't either...

Between those two you will find your answer... [wink]

Sorry, I just cut and pasted the story. I wonder why they listed him "anti-gun" in the story

Don't apologize. Just smack your nuts a few times. It's not your fault. You didn't write the article.

I was curious and wanted to find out just how extreme of an anti he was so I just did a quick google search. I found only 2A sites or literature on him.

I started looking into his voting history and it really doesn't show anything anti stuff on there.

What this doesn't change is the fact that a gun owner used his tools to defend himself.

He should get something other than a .40 and maybe the "victim" wouldn't be fixing for a civil suit. He is still a do*che.

His voting record shows he voted for concealed carry of firearms by DA'a and Assistant DA's in the courthouse. Not sure exactly how to interpret that but at least he didn't vote against it.

Voting to allow law enforcement the right to carry has very little to do with being pro-gun in my book. I know that's not what you're saying, but I felt the need to interject my opinion, us being on the internet and all. [wink]

Rob will remember, who was the anti gun Black columnist who wrote for a DC newspaper, who shot a kid who was using his pool without permission, Carl Rowan, thank you google:

[frown]

When I saw the subject for this thread, I was silently praying it was Feinstein or Schumer.

Feinstein's a special lady.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianne_Feinstein#Gun_politics

Feinstein was accused of hypocrisy when it became public information that despite her stringent anti-gun record, the Senator maintained a Concealed Weapons permit and actively carried a .38 caliber Smith & Wesson revolver] for her personal safety. It is unknown if she still carries the concealed firearm or maintains the permit, but according to The Stentorian, San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown stated in 2000 that she had voluntarily relinquished both the concealed weapons permit and the firearm.[39][40] [41] When challenged, she stated "I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself because that's what I did. I was trained in firearms. I'd walk to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out, I was going to take them with me."[42]

Voting to allow law enforcement the right to carry has very little to do with being pro-gun in my book. I know that's not what you're saying, but I felt the need to interject my opinion, us being on the internet and all. [wink]

I agree. Voting for Govt officials to conceal is not pro 2A.
However, it's not anti-2A.

The real anti's are against anyone other than police carrying.

with that said, I didn't see any anti-2A on his voting record.

So my assumption is that he's really not as "anti" as articles make him seem.

Back
Top Bottom