Another winter day project....

The Goose

NES Member
This is a Norinco SKS that I picked up in a trade. Someone had already re-finished the stock and the bayonet was off, but it had a great bore and turned out to be a great shooter. I decided to make it something that would be more fun and confortable to shoot. The original stock was always a bit short for me and I wanted to add some optics for my tired old eyes. I got the ATI Dragunov stock from Lager on the Survivor's SKS board, thanks again Lager. I removed the rear sight and replaced it with a Scout Scope mount and rail with a Bushnell Trophy Red Dot. I had to Dremel out the stock a bit to fit the extra width of the Scout Scope Mount. Also added a 30 rd. mag that I had stashed in a drawer and had forgotten about. I just finished it this afternoon and have not been to the range yet.

Before
Norinco001.jpg

After
BubbaSKS003.jpg

Is that a blade bayonet cut out in the stock or does it look like it was cut for the spike version? Looks like blade style to me.
Do the numbers match on the stock and the rest of the rifle? Whats the rear sight lowest setting have?

All these questions because you could have a rare SKS there.

Is that a blade bayonet cut out in the stock or does it look like it was cut for the spike version? Looks like blade style to me.
Do the numbers match on the stock and the rest of the rifle? Whats the rear sight lowest setting have?

All these questions because you could have a rare SKS there.

Stock was cut for spike bayonet. Numbers to stock do not match. And the lowest rear sight setting is an 8 in the middle (or at least I think it is an 8.)

BubbaSKS001.jpg

Ok, looks to be a standard Norinco SKS. I got worried there for a minute.[wink]

Well, even if it was special, I could return it to the condition of when I acquired it. Of course it had already been hacked when I got it. That is the only reason I bubba'd it up in the first place. I am not a fan of altering milsurps at all, but if someone else has already butchered it then it is just a shooter.

Well, even if it was special, I could return it to the condition of when I acquired it. Of course it had already been hacked when I got it. That is the only reason I bubba'd it up in the first place. I am not a fan of altering milsurps at all, but if someone else has already butchered it then it is just a shooter.

I don't mind altering every day Norinco variants. I was just worried because if it was a rare model I'd have to come up with cash and try to get you to sell it to me.[smile]

Looks good, but don't be surprised if the new mag doesn't work up to expectation.

Most of the conversions prove troublesome, I hear.

Are you renewing your Middleboro membership? Dues are do if you are....and they've gone up.

Looks good, but don't be surprised if the new mag doesn't work up to expectation.

Most of the conversions prove troublesome, I hear.

Are you renewing your Middleboro membership? Dues are do if you are....and they've gone up.

Yeah, frankly that mag is a POS, but it looks cool. If it does not work right I will re-install the original.

What are the dues now? I would probably re-up, but I just cannot make a Wednesday night meeting as I have a class. Is there any way do do it by mail?

Back
Top Bottom