Another School Lockdown

Now the kids will know what to do to get a lock down... bring a piece of ammo with, and while walking to class in a crowd drop it on the floor.

[rolleyes] not cool.

*note to self - health and welfare on little man's room for possible range residue / brass

these kids are outta control and should be beat! [laugh]

It's been a week since the last school was closed because a cartridge was found.

It didn't take them long to learn and test another school.

As it only takes one or two .22LRs to do the trick, and as they could easily be hidden in a ball-point pen, I think we'll see a lot of this until the admins catch on.

I'll bet that with a scissors one could shorten the ink tube and even have an operational ball-point pen hiding a .22LR. (don't try this on a plane).

The Police and Admins will never stop doing these lock down. Alot of people think its overkill. In todays world you cant be to safe. Prior to the Columbine shooting a custodian observed Klibold and Harris hiding things around the school. The janitor blew it off and never checked it out or told anyone. What they were hiding were there bombs they would use in there killing spree. If this had been investigated maybee there would not have been a Columbine.

Stu-pi-di-ty. Pure and simple.
Even in communistic Russia with its strict gun control many school kids carried brasses and bullets with them.

Back in the good ole' days, someone had to pull the fire alarm to get out of a test.....now all you have to do is drop a piece of brass on the hallway floor. [rolleyes]

I used to go to a private(residential) school in VT(years ago). I had a few .22lr rounds in my pocket that I had forgoten about(my fualt) and obviously the adults found out. I got asked if I had any weapons on campus, got a "slap-on-the-wrist" punishment, and was on my way. That was a school administration that could keep their heads and be rational.

An update reported that "ammunition found" was only a rumor.

The school was closed on the report of someone having a gun. They searched, there was NO gun.

[sad]Yea that may be true but someone, someplace could have and that's what really matters.

I still don't understand. This story has no connection a gun-owning parent. It was some story, by the way, probably uncorroborated, that a gun was on campus.

At the time I posted, it was rumored to be an ammo in school thing again. With FIDs being required for ammo purchases, the next logical step is to look at the FID/LTC holders with kids in the school and start a witch hunt for who is not storing properly, etc.

Yeah, but this is a high school. High school seniors can easily be over 18, and therefore purchase long guns and ammo.

I'm not sure if it was "overkill". Schools and universities are federally prohibited firearm zones.

I agree with the "man with a gun" sentiment though. I'm a man with a gun. Police are men and women with guns. They should change reporting to "criminal with a gun". The media conflates "guns" and "crime".

I am a sophomore in high school at 15 years old. I have my FID card but can not yet purchase ammunition. living in MA I like to make sure my teachers don't know much about how I like to go to the pistol range with my dad, but It is obvious I like to hunt. I think it would be unnecessary for the school to check and see if I was licensed to own a firearm.

[QUOTE-mikem317]Schools and universities are federally prohibited firearm zones. [/QUOTE]

universities??? Not in federal law that I know.

Massachusetts law, yes.

I am a sophomore in high school at 15 years old. I have my FID card but can not yet purchase ammunition. living in MA I like to make sure my teachers don't know much about how I like to go to the pistol range with my dad, but It is obvious I like to hunt. I think it would be unnecessary for the school to check and see if I was licensed to own a firearm.

Welcome to the forum xxmc.

another one?

we need a school "lockdown" thread

BEVERLY – Students and faculty members at Beverly High School are being held inside the school this afternoon due to a security issue.

Beverly School Superintendent Dr. James Hayes sent a message to parents saying the high school was being locked down due to a high security issue and told parents not to call the school or to go to the school.

A senior at Beverly High School sent a text message to The Item saying that she was in the cafeteria and that students and faculty members who were in the cafeteria were under tables. She later sent a message saying that people in the cafeteria were being searched.

That senior student sent The Item a message saying that a friend of hers, who was in the library, sent her a message saying that bullet casings had been found in a boy’s bathroom.

Television reports say that parents are gathering outside the school and that all police would say about the incident is that there were no threats and that nobody was injured.

School Authorita said:
OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!!!!!

SAVE US FROM ALL THE BULLATTS! SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING!!!!! GET THOSE KIDS INTO THE FALLOUT SHELTER NOW!

"Aw geez...."

carl-agntsa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom