• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another ruger 10-22 question

• Thread starter Deleted member 22390
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22390

I went to the gun room in shrewsbury, was told I cant buy one with a FID card, after I drove 30 miles to pick one up i had called ahead for... I thought since Ruger never sold the gun with a magazine that held more than 10 rounds. They told me since the gun can accept a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds I needed my LTC. I then went to IDC guns in clinton which had no problem selling me one with a FID. Who's right here! It doesn't really matter to me because I got a 10-22 but Im just wondering.

To the letter of the law IDC was right. Some shops think a 10/22 is a high capacity rifle because you can get high capacity magazines for it. The reason it is not high capacity though is that Ruger never offered it from the factory with a high capacity magazine configuration.

I used to live in Shrewsbury and lived about 2 minutes from the gun room. I went in there once and decided to never go back. I will leave it at that.

Did Ruger just come out with factory 30 rounders for these? I thought I saw and add for them if so that might be a game changer if the ship with the guns now.

I've witnessed 4-S decline an FID sale for a 10/22 ... Guy had to buy a bolt action .22 ...

I was denied earlier this year from 4S from buying a 10/22, but I just went and got one from somewhere else. I understand companies deciding not to sell certain firearms to FID card holders, but why cant they simply say that? Instead they tell the customer that it is illegal for them to own and try to convince them to buy something else from their shop.

Ive seen the same thing happen to somebody over an SKS. Shop owner said that it can "easily" be converted to accept AK mags [thinking]

EDIT

Did Ruger just come out with factory 30 rounders for these? I thought I saw and add for them if so that might be a game changer if the ship with the guns now.

They did just come out with 25 rounders, but IIRC they do not ship with any model of the 10/22

Last edited:
ya i called 4-S to and they said the same thing the gun room said.."NO." so i just went to IDC and had no problems whatsoever

M.G.L. Chapter140 Section 121

“Large capacity weapon”, any firearm, rifle or shotgun: (i) that is semiautomatic with a fixed large capacity feeding device; (ii) that is semiautomatic and capable of accepting, or readily modifiable to accept, any detachable large capacity feeding device; (iii) that employs a rotating cylinder capable of accepting more than ten rounds of ammunition in a rifle or firearm and more than five shotgun shells in the case of a shotgun or firearm; or (iv) that is an assault weapon. The term “large capacity weapon” shall be a secondary designation and shall apply to a weapon in addition to its primary designation as a firearm, rifle or shotgun and shall not include: (i) any weapon that was manufactured in or prior to the year 1899; (ii) any weapon that operates by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action; (iii) any weapon that is a single-shot weapon; (iv) any weapon that has been modified so as to render it permanently inoperable or otherwise rendered permanently unable to be designated a large capacity weapon; or (v) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or other weapon that is not capable of firing a projectile and which is not intended for use as a functional weapon and cannot be readily modified through a combination of available parts into an operable large capacity weapon.

Shooter, you are wrong. See my response in the other thread where you quoted this. The CMR clarifies this differently.

Back
Top Bottom